Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 17:39

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Maplists for all servers
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2013 10:27 

I've converted our servers over to map collections from the Steam Workshop. You can view the maplist at any time through these links, and they will always be up to date.
  • The Strait Jacket: This map group is active on our 10 slot "league settings" server. It contains all of the most popular league maps from ESEA, Cevo, and ESL.
  • The Asylum: This map group is active on our 16-slot server. It contains all of the most popular CS:GO Workshop maps.
  • Aim Deathmatch: This map group is active on our Aim Deathmatch server.
  • Surf: This map group is active on our Surf server.
If you would like to see particular maps placed in rotations or taken out of rotation, or the rotation changed in any way, post here.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2014 23:58 

The Custom Maps Mapgroup link above doesn't work.

Am I correctly interpreting that the Competitive Maps Mapgroup is the map list you are currently using on your 20 man competitive server? Some of the maps on your list I have never played, but for those i have, here are a few of my thoughts:

My Favorites Currently on the List:
- Vertigo
- Train
- Cobblestone
- Aztec
- de_Corruption (only played this once but seems pretty cool)

My Dislikes Currently on the List:
- de_Rats_1337
- Militia
- Stadium

Maps I would like to see added to the list at some point:
cs_Italy
de_Orange
de_Ali
de_Castle
de_Elysium
cs_Creek

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2014 00:12 

I actually got rid of the custom maps list because I got rid of the custom maps server. The competitive maps mapgroup is only on the 5v5 server, and it's only maps that are regularly played in leagues. I will take a look at those maps you listed tomorrow though, and see which ones I can add to the 20 slot server.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2014 10:39 

Ok sweet, thanks!

So do you have an updated maps list for the 20 slot server? Perhaps you can edit your OP in this thread and add this?

Also, I'm not sure if I have the spelling on all of the maps exactly correct, but I'm guessing if you are looking, they will be obvious. Italy and Ali are both in the main CSGO menu when you launch the game, so I don't think they are custom maps, but the others are.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2014 11:08 

Ok, thanks, I've updated the OP. I always forget to keep these threads up to date.
Quote:
My Dislikes Currently on the List:
- de_Rats_1337
Unfortunately (because I hate the map), rats is one of the more popular maps on the server. I would gladly take it off except that it frequently wins the vote and many people clearly love it.

As for militia and stadium - Serial and I both like both of these maps, so we're keeping them on, but because of the map vote system they rarely get play as people don't usually vote for them.
Quote:
cs_Italy
de_Orange
de_Ali
de_Castle
de_Elysium
cs_Creek
Which de_orange are you referring to? This one or this one?

I took italy off because of feedback from the community, but at your request I will put it back because the cs maps are awesome and really fun to play. And if people don't want to play it, they can just not vote for it. :D

Is this the de_castle you are referring to?

I like Ali but it always empties the server. People always vote for it, then remember how much they hate it and then leave. In order to keep the server more populated, I ended up removing it.

Do you mean this Elysium or this one?

I added cs_creek for now.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2014 11:49 

Have we ever thought of a surf server? Or are they too much work to set up? I think it really helps with game movement, and it's kind of trendy right now.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2014 12:06 

We have. However, there is currently no supported surf plugin. The only surf servers that are currently up are using an older version of a CS:S surf plugin which is no longer available for download.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2014 23:50 

Quote:
Ok, thanks, I've updated the OP. I always forget to keep these threads up to date.
Thanks!
Quote:
Unfortunately (because I hate the map), rats is one of the more popular maps on the server. I would gladly take it off except that it frequently wins the vote and many people clearly love it.

As for militia and stadium - Serial and I both like both of these maps, so we're keeping them on, but because of the map vote system they rarely get play as people don't usually vote for them.
Certainly, of course.... just throwing in my 2 cents. Not looking for them to be removed if others like them.
Quote:
Which de_orange are you referring to?
The second link.... with the cars and the bomb zone, not the Beta.
Quote:
I took italy off because of feedback from the community, but at your request I will put it back because the cs maps are awesome and really fun to play. And if people don't want to play it, they can just not vote for it. :D
Wow, that was always one of my favorite maps back in the day and I still love it today. Surprised people don't like it, but to each his own. Were they complaining because of the map itself or just because it was a hostage map? Thanks for adding it. Perhaps it will never get voted in, but maybe it will!
Quote:
Is this the de_castle you are referring to?
No, its this one: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... earchtext=
Quote:
I like Ali but it always empties the server. People always vote for it, then remember how much they hate it and then leave. In order to keep the server more populated, I ended up removing it.
Ok, hmmm, wonder why. Seems like a clean, fairly simply map to me with decent visuals. I'm surprised to hear people hate it. Not my favorite map ever, but certainly thought it was reasonably good. No worries.
Quote:
Do you mean this Elysium or this one?
The second one.
Quote:
I added cs_creek for now.
Sweet! I'm curious to get other players thoughts on this map. Visuals are very cool IMO. Both hostages are in the same place which is a bit of a drawback, but since the map is relatively small, I don't think its a huge problem. Also, I heard a couple people complain of lag, but I never noticed it, so not sure. Its certainly worth checking out at least.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2014 23:51 

Quote:
We have. However, there is currently no supported surf plugin. The only surf servers that are currently up are using an older version of a CS:S surf plugin which is no longer available for download.
What is a surf server?

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2014 00:42 

Quote:
What is a surf server?
It's just a fun type of server where your goal is to get from the beginning point to the end point by "surfing" on walls. Here is a video of it:

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2014 07:47 

Since de_ali is in this new operation, I added it back to our server in the hopes that it won't clear it anymore.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2014 12:21 

I've updated the maplist for our Asylum. I removed some maps with glitches or ones that tend to clear the server out. I also put in some of the new operation maps.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2014 12:28 

Quote:
I've updated the maplist for our Asylum. I removed some maps with glitches or ones that tend to clear the server out. I also put in some of the new operation maps.
Cool. Which maps did you remove? Did de_castle get removed? Not sure if it had glitches or not but I really like that map. Also love de_vegas and de_orange but haven't had a chance to play them in The Asylum yet. I think I remember you saying something about de_vegas causing problems. ?? :(

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2014 12:40 

I removed Vegas and orange because of their server clearing properties :(

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2014 15:47 

Quote:
I removed Vegas and orange because of their server clearing properties :(
This is depressing. Too bad more people aren't open to giving new maps a try. I'm not really a fan of servers that run ONLY custom maps, but it's nice to have a good mix because dust2, inferno, nuke only gets boring after awhile. I've been on Asylum when Orange and others were options at the end of a map, but never actually seen them voted in.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2014 15:49 

Vegas is just too big. It's universally loved by people who know the map but it's just so hard to learn.

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2014 12:54 

and it mostly didn't work for most people.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2014 12:26 

Are the links in the OP updated and current? If not, is there a way for me to view the full, correct map lists that we are currently using? I am only interested in The Asylum, 10 slot competitive and the private server. Can you also please link the maplist for the private server as i don't see it listed above. Thanks.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2014 13:12 

The private server doesn't have a workshop collection, but it has all the same maps as the 5v5 server plus any other cevo map, and I can also put any other map you want on it. If I have time tonight, I'll try to update the thread on the competitive section that has all its maps.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2014 13:42 

Quote:
The private server doesn't have a workshop collection, but it has all the same maps as the 5v5 server plus any other cevo map, and I can also put any other map you want on it. If I have time tonight, I'll try to update the thread on the competitive section that has all its maps.
Ok, thanks for doing that. Can you link the thread after you update it? I can't seem to find it for some reason. Also, what determines which maps (and how many) are displayed for voting at the end of the current map?