Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 16:00

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Meet [AM] Jabberwock
PostPosted: 18 Feb 2014 21:42 

Q: First off, tell us a few words that describe you.
A:

Now, on to the questions:

Q: How old are you?
A:

Q: Where are you from?
A:

Q: What is your favourite map?
A:

Q: What is your favourite weapon in the game?
A:

Q: How did you get your gamer tag?
A:

Q: What computer games do you play?
A:

Q: What are some other hobbies you have?
A:

Q: What's your favourite animal?
A:

Q: If you had one wish what would it be?
A:

Q: Are you a righty or a lefty?
A:

Q: How long have you been playing the Counter Strike series?
A:

Q: 1.6 or GO?
A:

Q: What made you decide to join AM?
A:

Q: What's your job?
A:

Q: What website do you visit most?
A:

Q: What was your first gaming console?
A:

Q: Smoking?
A:

Q: Do you read? If so what is your favorite book and favorite author?
A:

Q: What is your favorite movie?
A:

Q: Do you play any instruments?
A:

Q: Do you play or watch any sports? If so what, and what are your favorite teams?
A:

Q: If you could be who ever you wanted to be, who would you be? And why?
A:

Q: Favourite type of music? Favourite band? Favourite song?
A:

Q: Why?
A:

Q: What's your favorite colour?
A:

Q: What's your favourite meal?
A:

Q: What's your favourite drink?
A:

Q: What's your favourite dessert?
A:

Q: Stickshift or Manual
A:

Q: Are you a night person or a morning person?
A:

Q:Would you rather read a book, or watch the movie for the same book?
A:

Q: What would you do for a Klondike Bar?
A:

Post subject: Re: Meet [AM] Jabberwock
PostPosted: 21 Feb 2014 02:40 

First off, tell us a few words that describe you.
Friendly, funny, loyal, determined, Type-A, competitive, a little OCD.

How old are you?
Born in 1978, so 35 at the moment.

Where are you from?
I grew up in a small town in Colorado. I have since lived in California, Arizona and Nevada.

What is your favorite map?
Can't really pick just one. I really like Cobble, Vertigo, Italy and Aztec because those were my favorites from back in the day and I have strong nostalgic ties to them.
I also enjoy custom maps. A few of my favorites are Vegas, Orange and Castle.

What is your favorite weapon in the game?
Probably the AWP. I think the real beauty and skill with the AWP comes from mid to short range situations with a moving target or targets where most players would feel much more comfortable with an M4A1 or P90. I used to be quite good with it in my previous CS life and hope to someday regain that skill.

How did you get your gamer tag?
The poem “Jabberwocky” is from the classic book Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll. I like the book and always thought the poem was cool and unique. The central character from the poem is the monster called the Jabberwock. Poor Jabberwock has his head chopped off in the poem, but that doesn't stop me from using it as my gaming handle! =-) Also, most people wouldn't realize this if I didn't mention it, but my current Steam avatar is a picture of a woman with a Jabberwock tattoo on her back.

What computer games do you play?
Only CSGO for computer games. For video games, I also play many retro NES games. I have a large collection and am a big fan of the console. If you are into NES, hit me up.

What are some other hobbies you have?
I like to play chess, collect and play retro NES games and occasionally play Magic the Gathering and Middle Earth ccgs. I'm a big “game” person in general, very competitive and I love a number of board games as well: Acquire, Risk, Stratego, Stop Thief, just to name a few. I also enjoy playing NL Texas Hold'Em when I have the time. Some other hobbies are sports which I will mention below.

What's your favorite animal?
Sea Turtle, Desert Tortoise, Eclectus Parrot
I would love to have all of these as pets. The Desert Tortoise and Eclectus are possible some day, the Sea Turtle would be tough, lol. I also love all kinds of tropical fish and used to own a salt water fish tank which I really enjoyed.

If you had one wish what would it be?
I would wish to be immortal, and have the ability to gift immortality to others.

Are you a righty or a lefty?
Righty.

How long have you been playing the Counter Strike series?
I started at the beginning of 2001 and played a lot during 2001 and 2002, versions 1.0 - 1.5. I then took an 11 year break and just recently returned to play CSGO for the first time at the beginning of 2014.

1.6 or GO?
Well I never actually played 1.6. I like GO thus far and it has been so long since I played the previous versions that it's hard for me to make a good comparison.

What made you decide to join AM?
In a nutshell.... because of the maturity and organization of the leadership. This clan has been established for several years, the website looks nice, the forums are active and have content, the servers are set up correctly without extra BS and a competitive environment is maintained. The owners are mature and professional, nice people with good attitudes. I don't have time for punks and immaturity. I'm in my 30s and looking for a place to settle in for the long haul, thus I want stability and good leadership.

What's your job?
I am a pilot for a major U.S. airline. I love my job and its a great way to make a living. I truly enjoy what I do and have the best office view in the world. The biggest drawbacks are sometimes working holidays and being away from home for several days at a time, but it's definitely worth it to me.

What website do you visit most?
I don't spend a lot of time browsing the web. Probably Google, Yahoo and AbsurdMinds.net.

What was your first gaming console?
The NES is the first console I owned. First to play was my Dad's Commodore 64.

Smoking?
No, definitely not. I am an anti-smoker if anything.

Do you read? If so what is your favorite book and favorite author?
Yes, I love to read, but don't make much time for it these days. My favorite books would have to be the Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien.

What is your favorite movie?
Tough to pick a single movie. My very favorites are the original Star Wars trilogy (episodes 4-6) and the Lord of the Rings Trilogy by Peter Jackson which were an impressive Hollywood adaptation from the books.

Do you play any instruments?
No. I played the piano and saxophone briefly when I was younger.

Do you play or watch any sports? If so what, and what are your favorite teams?
To Play - My favorite would have to be Scuba Diving. My wife introduced me to it and it's absolutely amazing! I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it. Go somewhere like Hawaii to try it out, don't do it in Mexico for your first time or you might have a bad experience. I also really enjoy snow skiing, tennis and sand volleyball.
To Watch - I grew up in Colorado and I'm a big time Denver Broncos fan! The NFL is the only sport that I watch and I always watch the Bronco games.

If you could be who ever you wanted to be, who would you be? And why?
Well, I would be myself. However, if we are talking a position or career, I think it would be really cool to be a Supreme Court Justice or an NFL broadcaster for television. Why? I think being a Supreme Court Justice would be awesome because you are always involved in controversial cases that have a huge impact on society. Your opinion is extremely important so you are required to maintain a high level of thinking and do your research at all times. Being an NFL broadcaster would just allow me to make good money watching the sport I love to watch anyways, so seems like a fantastic job to me.

Favorite type of music? Favorite band? Favorite song?
Anything but heavy metal and hard rap.
Favorite artist of all time is Michael Jackson. I really wish I could have seen him live in concert before he passed and I'm not really a concert guy.
I also like Mumford & Sons and Adele.
Hard to pick a single favorite song. A few favs are:
MJ - Billie Jean, Beat It, Invincible, Unbreakable, Smooth Criminal
M&S - I Will Wait, Whispers in the Dark
Adele - Set Fire to the Rain, Hometown Glory

Why?
Because if it will truly make you happy, then do it! You only live once.

What's your favorite color?
Green

What's your favorite meal?
Good Mexican food. I love me some chicken/cheese/shredded beef tacos and enchiladas.

What's your favorite drink?
Grapefruit juice & good coffee.

What's your favorite dessert?
Key Lime Pie

Stickshift or Manual?
Stickshift

Are you a night person or a morning person?
Night person. Although now that I have a son, I'm kind of a hybrid of sorts because I like to stay up late at night but still have to get up early with my son.... lol, probably not the best game plan.

Would you rather read a book, or watch the movie for the same book?
Typically read the book. The movie rarely does justice to the book, although there are occasional exceptions.

What would you do for a Klondike Bar?
I'm not sure. I don't think I've ever had one, so I should try one out before I decide what I'd do for one.

What, I don't get to answer the Sarah Palin question?? Lol.

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2014 07:41 

Quote:
Can't really pick just one. I really like Cobble, Vertigo, Italy and Aztec because those were my favorites from back in the day and I have strong nostalgic ties to them.
I also enjoy custom maps. A few of my favorites are Vegas, Orange and Castle.
Good choices. :D I think de_vegas was an official map in 1.5 but was taken out in 1.6
Quote:
Stratego
I'm a stratego prodigy. If they ever make an online version we have to play.
Quote:
I am a pilot for a major U.S. airline.
I wonder if you've ever been my pilot! I've flown a shit ton on the west coast.
Quote:
Favorite artist of all time is Michael Jackson. I really wish I could have seen him live in concert before he passed and I'm not really a concert guy.
I also like Mumford & Sons and Adele.
Good choices.
Quote:
Stickshift or Manual?
Lol I just realized that should say manual or automatic. Dur.

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2014 14:10 

I knew you got your name from jabberwocky. Great poem btw

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2014 17:00 

Quote:
I knew you got your name from jabberwocky. Great poem btw
Haha, thanks man! I think it's pretty cool!
Quote:
Good choices. :D I think de_vegas was an official map in 1.5 but was taken out in 1.6
Thanks! I remember playing de_vegas back in 2002 so I know its been around for awhile. I ran across it in a pub when I first started playing CSGO and I was like... "Hell Ya! I forgot about this map!"
Quote:
I'm a stratego prodigy. If they ever make an online version we have to play.
Sweet, I'd love to! I'd be surprised if there isn't some way to play online, although I've never looked into it.
Quote:
I wonder if you've ever been my pilot! I've flown a shit ton on the west coast.
It's certainly possible! I've flown a bunch around the west coast. I'm currently based out of Boston, MA, but I'm starting a new job soon and should be Las Vegas based before too long.
Quote:
Lol I just realized that should say manual or automatic. Dur.
Doh! I totally didn't catch that either! Interesting psychology experiment... you read what you THINK it says, haha! So I guess my answer would be both - stickshift and manual, haha.

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2014 18:19 

[quote="JabberwocK"It's certainly possible! I've flown a bunch around the west coast. I'm currently based out of Boston, MA, but I'm starting a new job soon and should be Las Vegas based before too long.[/quote]
Have you ever flown into LMT or GEG? That would really be the only way you could have been.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2014 22:12 

Quote:
Have you ever flown into LMT or GEG? That would really be the only way you could have been.
Negative on Klamath Falls.
I have flown into Spokane numerous times, usually to and from Phoenix. It's been awhile though... Probably 5+ years.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2014 07:33 

Then we haven't ever flown together. I only flew to Spokane from Portland (though this would have been in the 4-9 years ago range)

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2014 08:29 

Maybe I've flown with jabberwock
Have you ever landed or returned from Bozeman?

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2014 17:26 

The only flights I'm ever on now is Philly to SLC and vice-versa

16gb Ram
Razer Deathadder
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
Steelseries QCK+ XL Navi Edition (Heavy)

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2014 20:37 

Quote:
Then we haven't ever flown together. I only flew to Spokane from Portland (though this would have been in the 4-9 years ago range)
Ya, I never flew that route.
Quote:
Maybe I've flown with jabberwock
Have you ever landed or returned from Bozeman?
Negative Red.

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2014 20:54 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
I just re-read this WHOLE THING, and thought to myself, "Jeez this is so repetitive. I feel like I've read every answer here already." Welp. That's because I did, 4 months ago -.-

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2014 20:57 

Quote:
I just re-read this WHOLE THING, and thought to myself, "Jeez this is so repetitive. I feel like I've read every answer here already." Welp. That's because I did, 4 months ago -.-
LOL.... I just realized that I had never responded to the last couple comments, so I just did.

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2014 21:07 

You even responded to palms. I'll send him a msg and tell him you've never flown together

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2014 21:10 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Quote:
You even responded to palms. I'll send him a msg and tell him you've never flown together
That was in response to amaroq

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2014 21:11 

Quote:
Quote:
That was in response to amaroq
i read the one above. I should just delete my forum account

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2014 21:19 

That might be best since you clearly don't know how to forum.

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2014 06:20 

I know rift

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2014 06:21 

Quote:
I know rift
FUCKING AUTO CORRECT!!!

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2014 12:48 

Quote:
Quote:
I know rift
FUCKING AUTO CORRECT!!!
LOL!!!

EDIT: This is you on the forums