Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 14:04

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2014 16:42 

Quote:
This new deathmatch plugin allows molotovs and grenades. It's one of the WORST written plugins I have ever encountered in my 5 years of running servers with plugins, (and that's including P1MP's horrible Pug plugin) but after about an hour and a half I was finally able to work out all the bugs and get it working.
Sweet, thanks. I'm a tad confused though.... you installed the Netcodes plugin and then fixed the bugs? Or are we talking about an entirely different plugin? So are the custom skins (either team) and CZ buy options now fixed and active? Thanks again.

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2014 16:49 

Yes, I installed the same plugin netcode runs and then fixed all its bugs. And yes, this plugin has native support for custom skins and the CZ.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2014 01:31 

Quote:
Yes, I installed the same plugin netcode runs and then fixed all its bugs. And yes, this plugin has native support for custom skins and the CZ.
Excellent! Thank you so much for doing that! Much appreciated! I logged in and played for a bit. The CZ and custom skins all worked great. I noticed a couple things, though...... the weapons have limited ammo, once you run out of bullets, you're out, they don't automatically replenish. Also, not all the weapons in the game are listed on the guns menu, including the AWP. Is there by chance an easy fix to these 2 items?

Thanks again.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2014 06:40 

Bullets replenished when I was playing, but I think it takes a minute. Did you actually run out of bullets or did you just assume you were going to?

I'm try to figure out why the awp isn't there. Yet another ridiculous issue caused by the extremely poor coding no doubt.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2014 08:12 

I think I fixed the awp problem (but I didn't have time to test), but the ammo problem is a huge issue. I played for about 1 minute and in that one minute I had no ammo, I had my clip refill, and I had infinite ammo, but I never once had the expected behavior based on the cvars I set.

EDIT: serial fixed the ammo, so it should all be working now. Let me know if you notice anything else or if the awps actually aren't there.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2014 13:11 

AWP is back and ammo is fixed. Thanks!

Would it be possible to run a very vanilla map cycle on this server? Maybe just 4-6 common competition maps? Most people playing this server are just working on their aim or warming up and I prefer to practice aim on the same maps typically found in competition. Also, the "next map" vote option seems to have disappeared. When I'm playing solo, I typically like to just choose "extend current map" but lately I haven't seen that option and it just suddenly loads Black Gold or something else instead. Thanks.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2014 14:04 

What's on there that isn't vanilla? It only has ten maps, and doesn't even include all the cevo maps because I've tried to keep it so limited. Every map on the AFAIK is played competitively in a league, except for office (which is the most popular map among the source community) and assault.

In fact, I was thinking about adding the other cevo maps tonight and some of the esea maps to the server.

Basically, you need to be more specific about how vanilla you actually want it.

I'll look into the voting when I get home. I have no idea how it could have broken since I didn't touch the map voting.

Post subject: 128 tick deathmatch FFA?
PostPosted: 13 Aug 2014 15:44 

Well when I was on there yesterday it loaded Black Gold and another map that I've never heard of and don't remember the name. I had to use rcon both times to switch it back.
It's really rare for anyone to play our death match server for more than 30 mins (other than myself), and those that do hop on and play seem to gravitate to standard maps like dust 2.
I love a variety of maps on The Asylum but aren't looking for much variety on the Deathmatch server.
I would recommend just running: dust2, train, mirage, inferno, cache and nuke. If traffic picks up on the server we could look into expanding the maps but as of now, there is usually nobody on it.
There is a chance that I'm wrong about the map voting and just was looking the other way or something when it came up. I will pay special attention next time I play.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2014 16:16 

black gold shouldn't be on there. the maps you listed are on there. with only a few more of the originals.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2014 16:32 

If it's on the it's not supposed to be. I'll look into that when I get home.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2014 17:58 

I fixed the voting issue. I forgot when I changed the server from four 5-minute rounds to one 20-minute round to change the vote to appear when 3 minutes are left instead of when one round is left.