All times are UTC-04:00

Which forum banner
The old one 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
The new one 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
Jero's third option 79%  79%  [ 11 ]
Total votes: 14
 Post subject: Re: New forum banner
PostPosted: 14 Sep 2014 15:34 

I don't want MY forums to change in anyway personally.

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2014 15:47 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Quote:
I don't want MY forums to change in anyway personally.
I'm confused... why is this poll up then :o

EDIT: Or did you mean, you don't want what you see to change?

I think change is important for a clan. It shows progression. AM isn't the same clan that it was when it first started, for better or for worse. I think updating the website and forums helps to show the different chapters of it's life.

My ideal forums would have jeroh's new banner at the top, and people would be able to choose the old banner as an option in the forum themes. But default would be jeroh's banner.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2014 16:19 

I meant, just what I view. I wanna make sure I can still have this layout even if its an alternate. I fucking hate change. Makes me tick.

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2014 19:40 

I basically agree with everything that Travis said in his last 2 posts.

As for Amaroq's clarification, it makes my head hurt. The OP and the poll seemed very clear and straightforward to me. To address your point #2, I think the majority like a version of the new home page logo that does fit to the forums. That's what I was voting for.

To serial - organizations that refuse to change, die or become irrelevant. I'm in no way meaning to sound like a jerk with this comment, it's just a known truth.

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2014 20:15 

Requesting to be able to personally maintain the same visual style on a website is not at all the same as refusing to evolve as an organization, and frankly your post does just come off as you sounding like a jerk.

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2014 20:35 

I didn't say anything about the clan or the organization changing. I simply asked that I could keep the current state of the forums as a alternative so I could continue using it. I am starting to want to keep my opinions to myself. Every time I say something I am just getting argued with. Its quite annoying.

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2014 20:55 

We can (and will) make multiple forum skins. The issue is one of prioritization. The purpose of this thread is to decide which banners people like best, and not to criticize the banners that people have put hard work into just because you have grown bored of them, or to criticize the people who prefer one image to another. We already have like 10 custom skins to choose from, but only one is specially branded with our colors and a custom banner. We're simply looking to expand that.

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2014 23:07 

Quote:
Requesting to be able to personally maintain the same visual style on a website is not at all the same as refusing to evolve as an organization, and frankly your post does just come off as you sounding like a jerk.
Serial just said that he hates change and while it can be uncomfortable at first, I think it's very important for people (and organizations) to stay open to the possibility of change. You and Serial are the leaders and owners of this organization so when you speak, it carries more weight, and it represents the organization IMO. I truly had no "jerky" intentions with the comment which is why I prefaced it up front because I know the written word can easily be misinterpreted.
Quote:
I didn't say anything about the clan or the organization changing. I simply asked that I could keep the current state of the forums as a alternative so I could continue using it. I am starting to want to keep my opinions to myself. Every time I say something I am just getting argued with. Its quite annoying.
I apologize if my comment came off as argumentative to you. I thought it was a worthwhile point to mention as I feel it's an important truth in life. I also didn't know we were discussing personalized forum skins... Of course I don't care what an individual chooses to view if it's personalized, but I'm confused as to why we are having a poll if everyone gets to choose their own design anyways.
Quote:
We can (and will) make multiple forum skins. The issue is one of prioritization. The purpose of this thread is to decide which banners people like best, and not to criticize the banners that people have put hard work into just because you have grown bored of them, or to criticize the people who prefer one image to another. We already have like 10 custom skins to choose from, but only one is specially branded with our colors and a custom banner. We're simply looking to expand that.
I'm not sure who you're talking to, but for myself, I certainly was not trying to criticize anyone's opinions or their artwork. I was under the impression that Jeroh made them all. I have not grown bored with any part of the forum design, but after being presented with a poll and request for opinion, I am giving it. I wasn't even aware that there were custom skins to choose from already. Perhaps this comment wasn't addressed to me but I feel like it was since I've been active in the recent discussion. Again, as mentioned above, I had no idea that people got to choose what they view...I thought we were discussing change that would affect everyone.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2014 01:32 

I'll admit I have been rather grumpy today.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2014 06:19 

Quote:
I'm not sure who you're talking to, but for myself, I certainly was not trying to criticize anyone's opinions or their artwork. I was under the impression that Jeroh made them all. I have not grown bored with any part of the forum design, but after being presented with a poll and request for opinion, I am giving it. I wasn't even aware that there were custom skins to choose from already. Perhaps this comment wasn't addressed to me but I feel like it was since I've been active in the recent discussion. Again, as mentioned above, I had no idea that people got to choose what they view...I thought we were discussing change that would affect everyone.
Yes, it was addressed at you, as well as others in this thread.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2014 17:09 

Please feel free to criticize. I am not a graphic designer or web designer, and everything I have done is just trial and error. I expect most of my stuff to look amateur. We really need to recruit a real Web Developer/Graphic Designer :P