Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 16:50

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2015 09:49 

So... The update on March 31 triggered a bit of hate and a bit of discussion in the global offensive subreddit.

The update with change notes:
https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensiv ... for_33115/

Some guy talking about the 'real' problem in CS:GO:
https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensiv ... hat_needs/

One guy super mad about the AWP + scope movement speed:
https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensiv ... s_on_most/

So far not to many thread regarding Insanity's new favorite weapon category, but I'll leave this here:
https://gfycat.com/SpeedyCleanCottontail#

What do you guys think of the changes? Its going to take me a little while to see the difference with the AWP, cant get used to the SMGs yet, and thankfully the tec-9 has increased damage drop-off. Oh, and M4A1-S is $3200? Why the $100???

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2015 09:55 

Oh, and apparently the SMGs got some other little tweeks as well: https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensiv ... n_changes/

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2015 10:17 

I still haven't gotten to play it. :(

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2015 10:41 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
I wish they would tell us WHY they make these changes. Like the smg's and awps... why... fix something that matters, not being fickle about guns when the mechanics are unfinished.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2015 10:42 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
I was testing out on D2 to see the map changes... was this always the case for server vs client? was it always THIS bad?

http://i.imgur.com/R3lx3c6.jpg

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2015 11:25 

In response to the picture, they did that update a bit ago where shots are registered server side and anything you see client side is made up. So it might only look that bad because of that update and not this one.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2015 11:40 

I pubbed a bit last night ... it was interesting but I don't think anything is that broken. Here are my thoughts:
  • SMGs are way better, but I'll still AK/M4 if I have the money. If anything, it gives you more force-buy options having SMGs that work.
  • The 100 dollar addition to the silencer is because the M4a4 has seen diminishing usage over the past four months in competitive play.
  • Tec-9 is still really good because of its mobility. I don't see that changing unless they decide to make it insanely inaccurate. 24 shots is still a lot for $500
  • AWP changes are so you can't run around and destroy people with quick peeks at corners. It's actually the biggest change in my view, since it affects high-level players like KennyS, JW, ChrisJ
Overall, it's a really interesting patch. Can't wait to play more.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2015 14:55 

I personally like the update. The smgs are too strong. I can tap kill an auto sniper from across a map with a mp7. 5 body shots with armor will kill from distance. That is too strong. I routinely killed awpers and snipers from distance with mp7. I like the awp changes but it will take some getting used to. The tec 9 having reduced bullets is good, plus the massive damage drop off if you aren't medium to close range now is good. The weapon was meant for close quarters not sniping. They need to fix the one sided walls on train NOW. I will probably use smgs most rounds.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2015 15:05 

Oh, it looks like they updated again last night and fixed the one way walls.

We just found out that while scoped in the awp, sometimes the speed gets glitched. If you are crouching and zoomed in sometimes your speed breaks and you start crab walking going 2-3 times faster than you should.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2015 15:51 

Quote:
I personally like the update. The smgs are too strong. I can tap kill an auto sniper from across a map with a mp7. 5 body shots with armor will kill from distance. That is too strong. I routinely killed awpers and snipers from distance with mp7. I like the awp changes but it will take some getting used to. The tec 9 having reduced bullets is good, plus the massive damage drop off if you aren't medium to close range now is good. The weapon was meant for close quarters not sniping. They need to fix the one sided walls on train NOW. I will probably use smgs most rounds.
I'm skeptical about how effective this strategy (mp7 with distance) will be against a good player, but it's really exciting to have new options to deal with things. For so long, it has been about getting to the AK/M4 tier and balancing money around that. Now, if there are really viable SMGs, the entire economy changes (think of the $$$ from an eco round win where someone gets 3 mp7 kills). I mean, the meta has been to buy for the first five rounds regardless then decide whether or not to save. Now, it could be the entire game will be played without full eco rounds.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2015 20:03 

Okay, so after playing it more, I still think they are effective long range, but not as the first engager. If you are providing support for someone who draws the long range persons attention then it will work well with tapping. If they are good they will probably still take you out with a rifle if you are the first to attack though. I am thinking strats where 2 or 3 people buy smgs regularly combined with rifles, maybe more active on ct side who knows. Just the amount of money changes a lot and I like that.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2015 20:21 

After playing a couple of rounds of MM (around 4, still need to play some more), here's my opinion. (From a MG1 point of view)

- The SMG changes are a great change of pace. The MP9, MAC10 and the MP7 were all considered to be shite weapons before the patch (Even though I felt they were decent guns). Hopefully this means we'll see more SMG play in pro matches.

- The M4A1-S really requires some major changes rather than a $100 price increase if the devs want the M4A4 used more. $100 is not enough of a change to get people to switch to the M4A4.

- The AWP change doesn't affect lower skill groups but higher level players are hurt the most and it also will punish the T's more for buying an awp. Most people that I see playing the AWP, including myself (in my skill group) are passive with it, holding angles and moving in last as opposed to the higher level where I watch players trying to get a entry kill or playing aggressively/pushing with it. The change is making things like picking long on D2 with the AWP harder for the T's. In fact, buying an AWP as a Terrorist might not even be worth it anymore. I feel that this makes the game even more CT sided than it already was.

- The Tec-9 is still as good as it was. Just you can't AWP with it anymore. Good change.

After the next 2 weeks or so, we'll (probably) see a final verdict on what the pros feel about it and how it should be further changed to balance things. Also the update made my game crash multiple times during the first 2 matches. Thanks.

so this is my signature now

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2015 20:31 

The thing I love about this update is that SMGs were nearly never used only on T side rushes.l and only the ump, bizon (at times), and the p90. This update made a t side Eco viable with the mac-10. I thought it was great before and now I find it awesome.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2015 21:00 

I am interested to see if this will make the CT team have to play more aggressive instead of sitting in the sites on a lot of maps. If T teams can get mac 10 and mp7 and use the peakers advantage its gonna be hard to just sit and hold positions. I want to see if this forces CT to have to do more hunting and flanking. I will post back after I do some match making.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2015 21:03 

I hate this update. Just because SMGs are more viable. The rifles are the only automatic weapons that should be viable. SMGs are for anti ecos only (2nd round buys). Shotguns and the scout are for force buys.

EDIT:CMV

Last edited by -r0b07 on 06 Apr 2015 17:44, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2015 21:58 

What's the difference between a MP7 and an AK? $1000 and the ability to aim. The smg buff is there to boost newbies' feeling of skill by buffing guns with little to no spray patterns. I know it seems like it's just robot ranting again but seriously this update pisses me off. CS is supposed to be a tactical shooter. Where is any tactics in buying an smg and spraying someone down with zero control? Its sickening. This noobification of CSGO has reached new lows. It makes me sick to see guns buffed to be "more viable" (weasel word for noob friendly) to reduce the impact of ak and colts. It makes me laugh at this game and gives me reason to stop this hobby of mine. I'm dead serious too. If this game gets watered down anymore I might just go and play insurgency. And now the wine that was old yet rich in taste has been watered down to shitty grape juice. At some point, the more water they add to the drink the less tasty the drink is. I want more flavor and less water.

TL;DR Stop appealing to sprayers and start appealing to aimers.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2015 22:51 

It is a tactical shooter. The way you think of the game is of such little skill and much ignorance. The meta is arguably the most important aspect. It's chess and your mad because it isn't checkers.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2015 23:08 

How is prioritizing rifles "checkers"? Spray weapons have never been more powerful than anytime in CS. I'm confused.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2015 23:42 

I don't agree with anything you have said robot. The smgs are stronger, but a rifler still wins most of the time. I think this stuff needs some tweaking, but why should smgs only be eco rounds, why should shotguns be used like you said? If you can't aim your smg you will still get fucked. Its not watered down at all, if anything I think the skill ceiling has been raised. You are forced to use weapons the way they were intended. Pistols can't just run around quick shooting because you get tagged so hard. You can't over step with an awp because you get tagged, and if you miss you are moving slow. Why should the m4 and ak be the only weapons used on a full buy? Why don't we take 3 rifles and mix with smgs? Watch, this makes the game much harder, not easier for newbies. Newbies don't have a fucking chance now. They can't aim so they are fucked. the smgs work WAY less effective in the 64 tick servers as compared to 128 now btw.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2015 23:59 

What does having a COD-esque weapon being compitetively viable do for the meta? I know a non blind rifler can outshoot a smg sprayer almost every but why shiuld we be holding SMGs to the same standard as a rifles which are not only more expensive but requires memorization of not only spray patterns but factoring in proper positioning and distance management? Why should the mp7 & other smgs get to be competitively viable? They are priced as anti eco guns and they should function as anti eco guns.

EDIT:Changed My View

Last edited by -r0b07 on 06 Apr 2015 17:39, edited 4 times in total.