Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 14:11

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Azn's story
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2010 18:36 

Hmmmm...It's hard for me to talk about my life since there really isn't anything interesting about it. But I guess I'll try to make it interesting.

For those of you who don't know me or are new to the [AM] clan, I go by the nickname "Azn" because....well, I'm Asian (no brainer there.) However, if you were expecting a heavy "ching chong" kind of Engrish accent, you won't find it with me.

I was born on Sept. 26, 1983 in Inchon, South Korea and moved to the States in '86. From what I've found out, the decision to move to the States was because of me and my condition. I was born with Arterioveinous Malformation (AVM) and cheated death once. From what I've read from my old medical records, my mother was bathing me and hit a weird spot on my head which started to bleed profusely and wouldn't stop. My mother freaked out and I was sent to the emergency room at a nearby hospital and needed blood transfusions from my parents to stop the bleeding. Fortunately, they got it under control and that's when my parents decided to move to the States since Korea didn't have the kind of technology to help someone of my case.

So here we are in the United States, looking for places that would help me with my condition. My parents found jobs as janitors and worked night shifts all the way until the mornings and so they were unable to accompany me to my trips to hospitals and so my uncle and aunt took me instead. We tried several different places and the first place was a hospital in Austin that tried to remove my ear (my ear was the biggest infected area) but they failed due to the heavy bleeding that occurred during the procedure. We were then recommended to try a hospital in Virginia in hopes that a certain laser procedure would help and well, that failed also.

Years passed by and I had entered a private school and didn't have the best years there. I got into many fights due to my VERY short temper and didn't like to take crap from anyone. My junior high years were the worst because I got into fights EVERY SINGLE DAY due to kids...well, being kids and making shoddy ass remarks towards me. Once my junior high years were over, I entered a public high school (first time in enrolling into a public school) and encountered the same stupid ass shit during my freshman & sophomore years. However, I never fought back no matter how much I wanted to because I realized that it wasn't worth being expelled. So, I just ignored the common shit and concentrated on making friends and doing the things I enjoyed. I wasn't a smart student but I did try to get shit done. By the time I hit my junior and senior years, we finally found a hospital in Arkansas that specialized in my condition. At that time, my parents found a job at a computer manufacturing company and finally got health care benefits to help fund what was going to be my chance to live normally without the bleeding and discomfort. Once the benefits kicked in, I was on my way to Arkansas with my aunt and mother for my first operation (which took a total of 15 hours.)

I had a total of 7 operations (5 to get rid of the AVM and 2 for reconstruction purposes) and it was during this time that the unfortunate things started to happen. My parents got laid off (fuck companies for out-sourcing jobs!) and I had no more health care benefits. We were in a frenzy trying to look for alternate ways to earn benefits (medicare, medicaid, etc.) and all I can say is: FUCK THE GOVERNMENT and FUCK THE CITY OF AUSTIN for denying me countless times. Now, I'm going to go off on a rant here so I apologize. What does a person have to do in order to claim disability benefits?! It's not like I'm trying to cheat the system or anything but rather, I'm fighting for my own fucking life. There are countless illegal immigrants here who claim welfare checks, disability benefits and so forth and they are perfectly fine. Just because there's a Mexican family that has a husband working a dead-end job while the wife sits on her fat ass watching Geraldo and 9 fucking kids, it shouldn't qualify them for fucking benefits. It seems that the city is more worried about 9 illegal immigrant children than a NATURALIZED CITIZEN OF THE STATES who's one goal in life is to fight for his own life.

Anyways, I've been denied countless times and even tried to hire a lawyer to fight for my case but the case was dropped a day BEFORE HEARING due to me not having recent medical history. Well gee fucking whiz, I would have recent medical history IF I COULD GET BENEFITS TO HELP ME GO GET PROCEDURES DONE! So my case was thrown out and now, I'm a senior at Texas State University, praying to God that I graduate in a year or less from now so that way I can get a job with a Bachelor's Degree in Comp. Science, work for a year at a company and earn benefits that way. As far as jobs, I work for my parents doing paperwork, translating certain stuff, and doing secretarial type of work for their business. I also do volunteer work for my church in helping with audio/video type work as well as creating Powerpoints and stuff. As for my gaming history, I'll list that in the "Meet the members" section."

Post subject: Re: Azn's story
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2010 19:01 

Quote:
However, if you were expecting a heavy "ching chong" kind of Engrish accent, you won't find it with me.
That's true, you do mostly sound like a black person.
Quote:
So here we are in the United States, looking for places that would help me with my condition. My parents found jobs as janitors and worked night shifts all the way until the mornings and so they were unable to accompany me to my trips to hospitals and so my uncle and aunt took me instead.
Now that's dedication to family.
Quote:
What does a person have to do in order to claim disability benefits?!
It took forever for my mom to get disability. It really sucked because she couldn't work but we still needed money. Basically: DOCUMENT EVERYTHING. Every time you call somebody, record the conversation, get their name, write down what they say, the date and time, etc. Fill out every single form and submit them with copies of any tapes and notes that are pertinent. It takes FOREVER but that documentation is key. If you want to talk to her I can give her your email.

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2010 19:08 

I have enough documents on my desk that it probably took an entire rain forest to make all the papers. I thank you Anubis for the help but I decided to just wing it. Whether I get help from the government or not doesn't matter to me now. I've spent too much time trying to fight for it that I wish I could get that time back to spend it on better things to do. As for my accent, the funny thing is is that I grew up mostly around blacks and mexicans with the occasional white guy in the group.

Last edited by DimSumGuy83 on 19 Oct 2010 10:46, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2010 19:09 

hey!
im mexican! form a immigrabt family!!!
and your rant...made me lol hard hahaha
we are a hard working blah blah blah my fam does shit legitly so idc
but man that sounds rough though :\

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2010 19:13 

I apologize if I offended you Bunny but my rant was towards the illegal ones lol

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2010 20:11 

nah it didnt i have high tolerance lol

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2010 01:34 

rofl, that's some good shit bunny. damn azn, I thought I was unhealthy dude. well its nice to know that you are better now, and I hope you finally get whatever medical help you need.

No racism there azn, you were just speaking the truth. We have it here too, there are some mexicans that are doing shit legit...but there are also a TON of them not. but I guess its everywhere, and not just mexicans. its just mexicans are like the ONLY immigrant we have here so I have nothing to compare to.

That's true family azn. Family like that you know will ALWAYS have your back.

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2010 13:36 

I don't think I can consider myself unhealthy due to the fact that I'm also doing stupid risky shit with my life lol. But I guess it's the fact that I've accepted one of the many things about life: we have to be prepared to face death at any time. There were times when I was scared outta my mind about dying but I've come to terms with myself that if I die, then it's my time. However, this doesn't mean that I'm not giving up on living (shit, I'm only 27 anyways.) I guess you can say that my reason for not giving up EVER is my family. Nothing matters to me more than family (not even my own life doesn't matter to me as much as my family.)

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2010 15:23 

Hey, where did that previous post go? The post that was from antojames?

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2010 16:18 

yea im tripping out cuz his post is gone lol

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2010 18:20 

I deleted it because he was just here to spam that dumb link.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2010 16:44 

Attachment:
spam1.jpg

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2010 04:25 

hahaha that put the biggest smile in my face....cuz of spam lol

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2010 09:22 

that looks like a computer we would get at work...."I don't know why it won't work maybe this meat stuff is affecting the airflow?????"