Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 09:25

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Re: 1v1 Tournament
PostPosted: 31 Jan 2016 16:39 

Its actually pretty simple, Every fight will be a best of Three or something higher so it'll go something like this

http://imgur.com/uCdnx6X

So the two losers will go down to a lower bracket and the two winners will go to upper bracket but the loser from the loser bracket will drop

Last edited by yammy on 31 Jan 2016 17:35, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2016 16:54 

You're not answering the questions I'm asking. I know how the ladders work. I want to know how the rounds are going to work. 30 second rounds? 10 second rounds? 10 minute map times? First to 10 round won? Most rounds won in 10 minutes? Who wins if time runs out? What? What are the details?

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2016 17:31 

it's just gonna be a typical 1v1 that we do already in the server, and a tie doesnt count. every fight is gonna be a best of 15 until the group knocks someone out then the next group joins and 1 person gets knocked out from there and so on

I'd say like 20 second round times and a best of 15 if you we wanna make things longer and more interesting, it can be best of 9 or 7 to speed things up but i think best of 15 will make everything a bit more competitive giving people a chance to come back and win it.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2016 18:02 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
If ties don't count then it doesn't really matter how long the round times are. It could be 5 minute round times to stop ties from happening.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2016 18:11 

Best of 15? So first to 8 wins? Any weapon allowed?

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2016 18:14 

Quote:
If ties don't count then it doesn't really matter how long the round times are. It could be 5 minute round times to stop ties from happening.
ummm yes it does matter because we wouldnt want ppl purposely taking there time, because that will happen if we give them 5 minute round times. But a tie for one rarely happens in 1v1 and if youre so worried about it we can make it to where the person with the least health by the end of the round wins that round but thatd just be stupid.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2016 18:17 

Quote:
Best of 15? So first to 8 wins? Any weapon allowed?
As for that, the 2 ppl that are fighting on each other can either agree on a weapon like pistol/rifle/awp/scout, if they cant agree then one will just be randomly picked for them to make it fair. or idk theres a couple way it can be gone about but i think this would be easiest, or it can be like stage one pistols only, and stage 2 rifle and stage 3 awp but i think thatd be unfair personally

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2016 18:19 

Alright well when you decide on the specifics, let me know and I'll start rolling it out.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2016 19:20 

Alright well here is my go at it, (suggestion needed):

- there will be 4 people in each Group and fill as many groups as possible
1. in the first stage everyone will play at least twice, and it'll follow a typical Knockout Tournament format.

- The gun for each Group will be voted on by the 4 people in the group, (if there is a tie they will revote one time and if nothing changes the host will randomly decide for them)

- The map will be voted by everyone in the stage (so if there are 4 groups all 4 groups will vote)

- For each stage and fight it will be a best of 15 so first to 8 wins, each win against any opponent will count as 1 point (so beating someone 8-0 doesnt change your points at all, so 8-0 = 8-7)

- each round will be at pretty much an infinite timeline, till once person dies. So we can totally avoid the whole issue of it ending in a tie and csgo giving a random person a win.

PRIZES:
Since not everyone has a paypal or a card sending money will be a little tough.
So top 3 players will receive skin, im thinking for the first tournament since its a free pass for anyone we'll do $25 skin for 1st place, $15 for 2nd and $5 for 3rd

(if people liked it we can charge them $1 or $2 worth in skins(that way more ppl would be able to join in), that way the skins will be paying themselves and the higher amount of players the better the skin, and if a lot of people start coming extra money left over can go to helping out the server)

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2016 20:02 

Ok. Next we need a time line, so we can see if two admins are available at all times to be anti cheat.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2016 20:28 

Well I guess the more important question is, what other people in our clan are good at spotting hacks and want to do this?

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2016 20:58 

Actuantes, 8 rounds isn't enough to tell if somebody is hacking.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2016 22:24 

Quote:
well then i guess the first tournament we have should be just 16 people that are either voltiac peeps or absurdminds people and close friends of them all just to get the ball rolling without hackers and many problems, i wont play since im paying for it all and organizing it, so as long as we just double check on every player before he joins then i think we're good.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2016 22:28 

i feel as if we just start talking about hackers and all especially when the tournament is about to happen its just gonna kill the vibe and people that are playing are just gonna be calling and complaining that people are hacking, so imo if someone wins while hacking then we will know, because he is gonna play alot more than just 8 rounds, its gonna be more of like 80 or so rounds so youll defenitly be able to tell he is hacking

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2016 01:20 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Quote:
Over watch only gives you 10.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2016 07:39 

Quote:
i feel as if we just start talking about hackers and all especially when the tournament is about to happen its just gonna kill the vibe
Considering how incredibly rampant hacking is even at the highest levels whenever you throw money into the mix, I'm not willing to sponsor a tournament under our name without discussing it and coming to a satisfactory conclusion.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2016 07:52 

I never said not to discuss out, and like I said you think warning him for 8 rounds isn't enough but chances are that if he is hacking then he is gonna win right? So you'll have a lot more rounds to watch him. Other than checking his profile and having someone watch each player idk what else you want that we can do

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2016 07:58 

Quote:
Over watch only gives you 10.
Overwatch gives you ten FULL rounds against five players on a large map. This is completely incomparable to 8 10-second rounds against one person on a tiny map. It's a LOT harder to tell if somebody is walling when there's only two angles to check anyway, and a lot harder to tell if somebody is using an aim bot if there is only one kill per round and no variability in altitude.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2016 14:36 

Tbh at the end of the day pros can get away with, the best we can do is make sure you're watching everyone play, and if someone does seem fishy, we can pause and ask him to send us demo his cevo and esea. Because yes there are a lot of hackers and there are quite a bit of very skilled players and I'm not gonna go through with this if we ever ban a legit player its better to let a hacker slip by than to falsely ban. Which is why I said the first tournament needs to be among ppl who either usually play and we know them to the point that we are 100% certain they don't hack. Or we just make things more complicated from the get go and have everyone submit an application to play and in it it will include there steam and cevo/esea. Because if esea and cevo aren't banning them chances are we won't be able yo figure out they're hacking either

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2016 17:47 

Meowmeowscopes has never been banned from cevo or esea and we figured out he Hacked very quickly. Just a side note