Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 11:15

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Got Banned
PostPosted: 07 Sep 2016 22:44 

What you did to get banned: I said ban me.. I was obviously joking but got banned.
Who banned you: dont know
Any other admins who were present at the time: Don't know
Your in game name (if different from your forum name): I'm at
Your SteamID:http://steamcommunity.com/id/232233/
Why we should believe you won't be a problem anymore OR why you think the ban was unjust: Well I was never a problem, I just said ban me... lol

Post subject: Re: Got Banned
PostPosted: 07 Sep 2016 23:43 

Thanks for the ban appeal OJ Simps! We've gotta speak with the admin who banned you, so please be patient for the next couple of days while we figure out who dune it.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2016 23:55 

If one asks to get banned, what else would you expect? Typically, if admins are dealing with a situation and someone chimes in saying "Hey ban me also," usually the admins comply.

However, we can definitely look at getting this appealed if what you are saying is true; that you were not provoking and/or doing anything AM does not stand for.

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2016 06:51 

Quote:
Just FYI, that's not your SteamID. Your SteamID is STEAM_1:0:63427916. You can find it in game by typing "status" in console, or you can find it by going to a website such as https://steamid.io/ to look up your steamid based on your profile link.
Quote:
Who banned you: dont know
You should at least take a look at our member list and see if any of those names ring a bell. Our members only have to check the forums once a week, so it could take up to a week before the person who banned you sees this thread, and by then they might not remember the situation. If you take the time to figure out who banned you, we can track you down and talk to them before that.

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2016 07:02 

I'll be glad to look into your ban, but its a really dumb idea to tell an admin to ban you, especially if they are already dealing with problems in the server (not sure if this was happening). I will always ban people that ask for a ban. I hope in the future you take this into consideration.

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2016 11:17 

I made this decision. You made a false report against someone who clearly wasn't hacking when I played against him. It seemed like a joke report which is against the rules. Later on said a homophobic slur and were acting in a "generally douchey" way. When you asked to be banned it did't seem like a joke it seemed like just another douchey comment. And if someone who has been a problem in the past asks to be banned I comply. I remember someone coming on the server with the name oj simp. Have you come on our servers before this?

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2016 17:40 

Wow, so you also came onto our forums and tried to fool us. Did you really think this would be successful? Why did you waste your own time?