Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 17:10

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Admin Is Being Abusive
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2016 00:01 

After playing for 30 minutes on one of you 1v1 servers an admin under the name of Cemyyy started haze me. I was minding my own business just fragging away and then she joined. After being on the server for a little while she decided to talk on the mic. As any normally 14 year old boy I started to repeat the word "gril" a couple times in a non aggressive tone. After being accused of calling her a cunt, which I did not, I was muted. Not being able to express my opinion, I changed my name as a form of communication. She did not like that I was able to input on the situation so she banned me unreasonably. I really enjoyed the 1v1 competition because the other players were very friendly and close to my MM rank. If this was not an urgent issue I would not have taken the 30 minutes to not only create an account on your forum site but also explain to you my unfortunate situation. As you consider my situation please do so keeping in mind that I did not say anything to offend others on the server unless you consider repeating the word "gril" a couple times to be overly offensive. Also I did not use any vulgar language or break any of the rules on the server and was still banned.

Thank You,
Noodles

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2016 00:31 

Noodles, one of our rules is no sexism. The other is don't be a douchebag. Being called a "gril" over and over again for simply speaking is very frustrating when all I want to do is play the game. I know it was not you calling me a cunt, but I did say that I didn't have to listen to people yelling "gril" at me and silenced you and the the other who was calling me a cunt. Believe it or not, but just yelling "gril" again and again is enough to encourage other people to take it a step further and start calling me other names such as "cunt". It's a matter of treating another human being with respect. How would you feel if I just yelled "squeaker" at you every time you spoke? It's not respectful.

As far as you changing your name. You changed it to "Cemmmmy is a gril" for which was exactly why you were silenced. You used changing your name to get around the reason I silenced you for, in which case the only way I can prevent you from continuing to disrespect me is to ban you. Do you understand why I did what I did?

For the record, I do appreciate you taking the time to challenge the ban and to report me as you feel like I was abusing my admin powers. But I think you'll find that the owners will fully back the steps I took.

Last edited by Cemynx on 17 Nov 2016 01:37, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2016 00:55 

As far as I remember you muted me before I changed my name. Calling a girl a "gril" is not sexist. In fact, I have multiple female gamer friends that think it is funny to be called a "gril" because it's just a meme not a sexist slur. I did not encourage anyone to call you a "cunt" they did that with their own free will. Also you were called a "cunt" in a completely different argument after you muted me if you do not remember. If you continued to call me "squeaker", because I did not yell at you, I would think it's funny because everyone is trying to have fun. Just because you believe calling you a "gril" is disrespectful, it is not. You just took offense to a harmless joke. As I understand that you most likely have the side of the owner because you are the admin, that does not allow you to twist and manipulate the events that actually occurred. I also am not asking to be unbanned. In fact I am a admin of a Chicago 1v1 server ran by Allied-Gamers. If all of the admins act similar like you, I most definitely would not like to come back. I would also request that this account is taken seriously by a separate admin other than yourself.

Thanks,
Noodles

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2016 01:26 

If you re-read my original post, Noodle, you'll see that I mentioned twice that I silenced you prior to you changing your name (I decided to helpfully reference in the spoilers below for you :D). You never verbally told anyone to call me a cunt, but your actions encouraged others to treat me disrespectfully. The other admins of this server do find it disrespectful to be called "gril". What events have I twisted? I do believe that I've accurately listed what occurred, and if Serial or Amaroq doubt that, they can always look up the server logs. It's late right now, so not many other staff are on, but I'm sure as soon as they're available they'll weigh in on the subject.
SpoilerShow
Quote:
As far as I remember you muted me before I changed my name.
Quote:
...I did say that I didn't have to listen to people yelling "gril" at me and silenced you and the the other who was calling me a cunt...You changed (your name) to "Cemmmmy is a gril" for which was exactly why you were silenced.
SpoilerShow
Quote:
I did not encourage anyone to call you a "cunt" they did that with their own free will. Also you were called a "cunt" in a completely different argument after you muted me if you do not remember.
Quote:
...silenced you and the the other who was calling me a cunt.
SpoilerShow
Quote:
I would also request that this account is taken seriously by a separate admin other than yourself.
Quote:
But I think you'll find that the owners will fully back the steps I took.
EDIT: Oh! I've only given a brief overview of the events in question, but if that's not enough for any other staff, I'm more than willing to give a play-by-play of what was said/happened to the best of my memory.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2016 01:35 

Perhaps if you want this account to be taken seriously you shouldn't have acted "As any normally 14 year old boy." Aim higher, maybe try for... "particularly mature 14 year old boy." Whether you think what you did was sexist or not, you were told by an admin to stop and you didn't. If you had a problem with the enforcement of the rules you should have just left and made a post. Instead you chose to ignore the admin and act like a child, then come and tell us you ignored the admin and acted like a child. Oh and by the way, just because the women you play with don't mind, doesn't mean all women don't mind. We don't care what you do with your friends, just what you do on our servers.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2016 01:37 

I totally side with Cemy on this one. Even if you don't consider "gril" a sexist slur, you should have stopped when she told you that it was in-fact a sexist slur.

It is one thing to be frustrated about what is and isn't allowed. You could have said X and we could have replied that X is not allowed here. As per our rules, that is all you need to know. If we do not allow X then you shouldn't say X, otherwise face the consequences. Whether it is sexist or not, debate the rules. An admin told you it isn't allowed, so there is no reason to continue from there.

Also, this is a temp-ban of 30 minutes. I would understand debating a ban of a week or two, hell, even maybe a day.
....... 30 minutes?

Edit: I got ninjad by fredy

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2016 01:40 

Quote:

rekt

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2016 01:44 

Quote:
It's okay, I'm certain Noodles would like to hear from a multitude of admins rather than just one or two.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2016 07:49 

It might seem funny to call a woman a grill, but you have to understand, we literally get called a grill every single time we speak in any server. Do you know how frustrating it is to be yelled over every single time you talk? That's why it's sexist. It's not sexist because you just said it as a joke and Cemy got offended, so now it's sexist. It's sexist because large numbers of people use "Grill" as a device to silence any woman who speaks in a server. When women talk, we want our words to be heard, just like men. If you are not respecting or even listening to what we say and instead too busy interrupting the conversation to shout "grill" and make a spectacle out of our gender, you are being sexist, whether or not you think so.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2016 14:00 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Quote:
It might seem funny to call a woman a grill, but you have to understand, we literally get called a grill every single time we speak in any server. Do you know how frustrating it is to be yelled over every single time you talk? That's why it's sexist. It's not sexist because you just said it as a joke and Cemy got offended, so now it's sexist. It's sexist because large numbers of people use "Grill" as a device to silence any woman who speaks in a server. When women talk, we want our words to be heard, just like men. If you are not respecting or even listening to what we say and instead too busy interrupting the conversation to shout "grill" and make a spectacle out of our gender, you are being sexist, whether or not you think so.
I agree. Noodles, if you have such a problem following the rules we've put in place, I recommend you DO go and play in the 1v1 server you admin.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2016 15:50 

Quote:
Perhaps if you want this account to be taken seriously you shouldn't have acted "As any normally 14 year old boy." Aim higher, maybe try for... "particularly mature 14 year old boy." Whether you think what you did was sexist or not, you were told by an admin to stop and you didn't. If you had a problem with the enforcement of the rules you should have just left and made a post. Instead you chose to ignore the admin and act like a child, then come and tell us you ignored the admin and acted like a child. Oh and by the way, just because the women you play with don't mind, doesn't mean all women don't mind. We don't care what you do with your friends, just what you do on our servers.
I was never told by the admin to be quite. I was silenced with no warning. Then when trying to find another form of communication, I changed my name and was banned once again with no warnings. I would also like to point out I did not break any rules on the server. Yes, not even mic spam because I only repeated the word a couple of times.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2016 15:52 

Quote:
I totally side with Cemy on this one. Even if you don't consider "gril" a sexist slur, you should have stopped when she told you that it was in-fact a sexist slur.

It is one thing to be frustrated about what is and isn't allowed. You could have said X and we could have replied that X is not allowed here. As per our rules, that is all you need to know. If we do not allow X then you shouldn't say X, otherwise face the consequences. Whether it is sexist or not, debate the rules. An admin told you it isn't allowed, so there is no reason to continue from there.

Also, this is a temp-ban of 30 minutes. I would understand debating a ban of a week or two, hell, even maybe a day.
....... 30 minutes?

Please read my response above.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2016 16:01 

Quote:
If she did not liked to be called a "gril" she just had to tell me, not act irrationally on the situation by muting me and continuing to call me a "pig". Hmm, look at that one of your own admins using a commonly referred to sexist slur to demoralize men. Unlike being titled as a "pig:, being titled as a "gril" is a way for men that play videogames to make fun of themselves for never talking to women. Men think this type of humor is great. But calling a man a "pig", such as your admin Cemyyy, it is inferred that I am a vulgar male only wanting sex. So the next time that you or any other girl is called a "gril" realize what the title actually means before getting offended. Also, people who use the word "gril" as an insult to women are ignorant, because they don't know what the word means.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2016 16:03 

Quote:
I would also like to point out I did not break any rules on the server.
Quote:
Even if you don't consider "gril" a sexist slur, you should have stopped when she told you that it was in-fact a sexist slur.
You did break rules. Both Amaroq and Cemy pointed out the rules you broke, along with travie, ginger, and myself pitching in.
Quote:
... and continuing to call me a "pig".
Okay, you should just stop before you start trying to make more excuses.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2016 16:06 

Quote:
Quote:
I agree. Noodles, if you have such a problem following the rules we've put in place, I recommend you DO go and play in the 1v1 server you admin.
Please see the response above. Also I do not enjoy playing on my own server mainly because the people you play on it are much lower ranks than I am. I understand the responsibilities of an admin on your server or on any server in general, to enforce the rules. This situation could have been handled much differently. If I was in Cemyyy's shoes I would most definitely give at least one warning before acting upon the problem.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2016 16:09 

Quote:
Quote:
I would also like to point out I did not break any rules on the server.
Quote:
Even if you don't consider "gril" a sexist slur, you should have stopped when she told you that it was in-fact a sexist slur.
You did break rules. Both Amaroq and Cemy pointed out the rules you broke, along with travie, ginger, and myself pitching in.
Quote:
... and continuing to call me a "pig".
Okay, you should just stop before you start trying to make more excuses.
If you would like to elaborate on the rule I broke please do so. I don't seem to understand what I'm attempting to excuse myself from. I'm just pointing out that an admin, a leadership role that should be showing example by following the rules, broke the rules.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2016 16:11 

Quote:
If you would like to elaborate on the rule I broke please do so. I don't seem to understand what I'm attempting to excuse myself from. I'm just pointing out that an admin, a leadership role that should be showing example by following the rules, broke the rules.
... Hasn't that been repeated 10+ times in this thread? Also, how did Cemyyy break the rules?

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=478

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2016 16:15 

Quote:
Quote:
... Hasn't that been repeated 10+ times in this thread? Also, how did Cemyyy break the rules?

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=478
Not once was I given a concrete answer to why I was banned. Also, Cemyyy clearly broke to the rule of no sexism.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2016 16:17 

Quote:
Not once was I given a concrete answer to why I was banned.
Dafuq?

It was pointed out numerous times and I along with everyone else don't like being stupidly redundant.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2016 16:19 

Quote:
Quote:
Not once was I given a concrete answer to why I was banned.
Dafuq?

It was pointed out numerous times and I along with everyone else don't like being stupidly redundant.
So is anyone going to tell me or am I just going to sit here dumbfounded because no one will.