Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 10:39

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2017 20:59 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
So serial has told me that he plans on installing Multi-Verse in the very near future (possibly tonight even). I just want to be clear about a couple things.

Serial has been communicating with the Minecraft players, but all of that communication is because of my questioning him and my expectations. I can already feel the tension building up. There were a 1 main issue that I addressed serial about.

THE PURPOSE OF STARTING A MINECRAFT SERVER WAS TO DO BIG BUILDS TOGETHER.

This was the intention from the start, and was the reason I was pushing serial to start up the Minecraft server again. Everybody agreed, and now we have this shitty divisive Minecraft server where everybody spread out and started their own thing. There is no sense of community. Everybody has their own individual farms, houses, etc. The server went up to work together. We are not working together.

MY PLAN for the multi-verse, was to have a world purely big build survival like what the server was originally supposed to be. We would have the current world, where everybody can do their own thing, and then the big build world, where we would come up with a plan and then implement it collectively. I'm getting frustrated with all the arguments about all of this. If people don't want to be part of the big build, that's fine in my books, but you are not welcome in the big build world if you aren't part of the big build. That is what I am looking for from multi-verse.

I want to build a huge castle with my friends.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2017 08:03 

If some people would prefer to do our big build still in this world that is fine. Our entire idea for this server was to do the big build together with stuff we mined in survival. Lets not forget that.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2017 12:32 

I came late to the minecraft party so I never really was told the goal of the server until just a day or two ago.

I am perfectly willing to help in big builds, community projects, and whatnot, but that can't be the only thing the server is for. It is perfectly fine for people to go off and do their own thing because some of the people on the server are online when others are not. What is that person to do otherwise? Nothing? I don't think it is shitty at all let alone believe there is "no sense of community" to this server. Most everyone is within 500 blocks from each other, I setup a nether hub for fast travel, and all of the farms I made are totally for public use. How is that shitty and divisive?

A sense of individualism is core in a server. People don't want to feel forced into doing something and I feel people having their own bases and what-not is A-okay. We just have to be willing to help with some big builds.

A little note about MultiVerse: we will need a separate plugin if we want the current map and the "big builds" map to have the same user inventories across the maps. The creative map could be setup under its own inventory.

I personally like the idea of keeping everything in this world and just have a second creative world so we can mess with ideas and whatnot. It is much easier doing big builds when we are together in a creative world to flesh out the idea. If everything is in this world it would feel more... vanilla. We could build cities together and connect each city with roads in the overworld.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2017 09:06 

So my Internet is acting up. I'm call Comcast after work. If it gets fixed let's do the end this weekend. And I'll get Multi verse set up. Sorry for the delay.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2017 14:43 

Ok, internet is fixed. They are replacing my line from the junction box TODAY, so it will be completely fixed then. As of right now there should be no more issues from what you guys can see. I am only getting half my upload but its still plenty to run this since its stable now. If you notice any lag at all please let me know WHEN you experiences it, how severe, and how long it lasted if you can.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2017 14:49 

Awesome!

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2017 14:49 

Awesome!

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2017 12:38 

Quote:
Ok, internet is fixed. They are replacing my line from the junction box TODAY, so it will be completely fixed then. As of right now there should be no more issues from what you guys can see. I am only getting half my upload but its still plenty to run this since its stable now. If you notice any lag at all please let me know WHEN you experiences it, how severe, and how long it lasted if you can.
Hahaha little did he know, or Internet is not fixed! Mwahaha!

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2017 14:06 

Quote:
Quote:
Hahaha little did he know, or Internet is not fixed! Mwahaha!
Yea, I remember reading "they are replacing the line" and me being like "oh, yea that totally should work fine". I just realized now that how would a stupid line be the cause of something like that...

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2017 15:29 

Well, it very much could be and most likely was the issue. It did fix the issue, its doing something different now. I don't understand why you think the line couldn't cause something like that? It was actually the issue nearly a year ago. We had a outdoor line that was ran with indoor cabling. Weather caused our internet to shit itself.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2017 01:38 

Ok, issue is ACTUALLY fixed this time.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2017 18:34 

Wooooo :D