Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 14:12

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: RocketLeague MMR Change
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2017 20:50 

link

This makes me feel much better about my current standing. This means I am almost super-star in doubles (1 away from back to normal) and super champion in solo standard (4+ the old and currently a 1% rank).

They did some other adjustment also, like removing the 150 point "uncertainty" measurement. People still think the shift is skewed because Platinum II is filled with champions, previously only 2 ranks from highest but now 8 ranks away.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2017 21:00 

Oh neat now I can have a brown icon instead of a silver one.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2017 00:27 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
I like the new MMR change. Albeit, I feel like I haven't reached my proper rank yet, I will get there. Currently Silver 3 in solo and Gold 1 in doubles. I should be in the top end of gold by the time I'm settled.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2017 08:15 

Quote:
I like the new MMR change. Albeit, I feel like I haven't reached my proper rank yet, I will get there. Currently Silver 3 in solo and Gold 1 in doubles. I should be in the top end of gold by the time I'm settled.
I got super lucky with my solo rank. I queued twice and was put into grand champion games. 3/5 of the players had the "season 3 grand champion" tag. I was also lucky enough to have a pro, sadjunior, on my team. Win streak lasted 7 games, lost 2, then won the last.

I will only queue solos for like... Once a month, just to maintain the rank

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2017 19:38 

Does this new mmr mean ranks are going to be kept for a while? I found it frustrating to get a rank and then have it reset for mmr readjustments.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2017 20:01 

Quote:
Does this new mmr mean ranks are going to be kept for a while? I found it frustrating to get a rank and then have it reset for mmr readjustments.
They didn't do a hard reset. They say that compared to last season, the rank reset was only minorly adjusted.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2017 20:46 

Quote:
Quote:
They didn't do a hard reset. They say that compared to last season, the rank reset was only minorly adjusted.
Oh yeah that's what I mean, the season resets. So I guess those are there to stay since they're seasonal lol.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2017 21:40 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
The season was like 4 months though. And they give out seasonal items based on rank. I got some wicked rising star wheels.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2017 06:07 

Quote:
The season was like 4 months though. And they give out seasonal items based on rank. I got some wicked rising star wheels.
Season 3 was actually 9 months.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2017 14:10 

They just did some rank adjustment yesterday. Lost two and then won one, got promoted 8 divisions.

I also went from gold I in ranked 3 to gold 3. My diamond solo standard is the same.