Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 15:17

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2017 13:59 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
http://imgur.com/a/1qTmI

CHECK THIS SHIT OUT GUYS!!!

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2017 15:18 

yeah also here is some more info https://pvplive.net/c/csgos-next-operat ... lease-date

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2017 15:46 

The problem with this is China doesn't have to play by the same times. It's basically like using the fact that esea has 128 tick servers as evidence that valve will be pushing it soon. They use a completely different system altogether.

In other words, though it might predict what will happen to valve servers, there's no real reason to believe it will.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2017 16:47 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Quote:
The problem with this is China doesn't have to play by the same times. It's basically like using the fact that esea has 128 tick servers as evidence that valve will be pushing it soon. They use a completely different system altogether.

In other words, though it might predict what will happen to valve servers, there's no real reason to believe it will.
I don't understand that line of thought. If Valve is publically working on porting CSGO to Source 2 in China, why wouldn't that happen in America too? There's no reason they couldn't have both versions of CSGO out either. They did that with CS 1.6 and CS:CZ. And both were competitive at the same time too.

What do you mean by a completely different system?

Also, the link posted was to images of the press conference for the beta release. I could definitely see the same thing happening here.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2017 17:59 

Because AFAIK the Chinese version isn't really the same version we have here, and is really only "overseen" by Valve. I assume it's going to be as disconnected as Valve was from White Pinion, where White Pinion did things their own way and Valve did things their own way and never the twain did meet. I don't think the things that China are doing is a precursor to these things happening in the US. The only official thing that's happening is that you will be able to download the game from Valve in China - I don't think that Valve will suddenly start overseeing all the servers they have there and distributing content to China before it distributes it elsewhere.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2017 18:04 

Chinese media market is so niche and disconnected from the rest of the world, lots of the gaming stuff has to be rewritten to be completely private within the country.

Edit: the reddit thread for that article is filled with people pointing out flawed logic leading to missleading conclusions https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensiv ... ine_to_be/