Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 17:14

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: ESL lifts IBP player ban
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2017 12:24 

lol

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2017 13:33 

To be fair, they only ban hackers for two years.

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2017 13:59 

This news has made me the happiest person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2017 14:11 

Even though I don't like what they did I'm exited to see them play. Swag was a beast at cs-summit.

and tbh this news might not mean much really. the most i think we'll see them play is in a sub roll.

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2017 16:47 

This is only from ESL though. They are still banned through Valve. They are still banned from any major or Valve-sponsored event.

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2017 17:27 

Quote:
This is only from ESL though. They are still banned through Valve. They are still banned from any major or Valve-sponsored event.
yeah thats why i think they wont be truly picked up by any team. just subbed in. cause if you want dat sticker money then you gotta get your team to a valve major

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2017 21:46 

Fuck ibp, I hope everyone continues shitting on them. I hope they never get a chance at the majors. Fucking scum.

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2017 00:30 

Quote:
Fuck ibp, I hope everyone continues shitting on them. I hope they never get a chance at the majors. Fucking scum.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzCzsiFFHYk[/youtube]

from earlier in the movie

larry

Compassion is when you want to help someone who needs help. Mercy is when you give someone a second chance... even if they don't deserve it! This story is about both of them!

PA GRAPE

That's right, my cucumber friend. Ya can't have mercy without compassion... but mercy is even more important! Jonah was afraid God was going to give Nineveh a second chance - that he was going to help them even though they didn't deserve it!

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2017 12:20 

Dont cheat if you want compassion

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2017 13:53 

]
Quote:
Quote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzCzsiFFHYk[/youtube]

from earlier in the movie

larry

Compassion is when you want to help someone who needs help. Mercy is when you give someone a second chance... even if they don't deserve it! This story is about both of them!

PA GRAPE

That's right, my cucumber friend. Ya can't have mercy without compassion... but mercy is even more important! Jonah was afraid God was going to give Nineveh a second chance - that he was going to help them even though they didn't deserve it!

omg you didn't just link VEGGIETALES

Holy crap the nostalgia.

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2017 18:17 

Quote:
This news has made me the happiest person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This attitude really really disturbs me. As clan and a community we have a VERY strict policy against cheating. This is cheating. What they did harmed the community as a whole. It literally isn't something that is a discussion, they did it and it happened. I think just turning a blind eye to people that did this to the community and couldn't care less about the other players or the community in general should never be allowed back. Allowing some cheaters to play again just breeds this horrible attitude that cheating is ok. Just get punished and get over it. You can't get over it. You can NEVER EVER trust those people again. That is what they did. They burned their trust to the ground. I am really bothered to hear clan members excited that cheaters get to play again. For any reason at all. I am not saying this because I want you to retract what you said, or not express your opinion about them, but this is my opinion about it and I am gonna express it. I don't like cheating of any kind. I don't like people supporting cheaters. I don't want that attitude in this clan. I think it spreads like a virus and then cheating just isn't a big deal.

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2017 19:36 

That is true to some extent. The issue why so many people support ex-iBP is that the severity of their punishment. Some pro leagues don't give out perma bans to cheaters and iBP got permanent ban for matchfixing. Personally the only reason I support is because swag was just a kid who probably didn't realize what it can end up with if they get caught. Maybe I'm too lenient towards him but I just think he has a lot of talent that could go to waste. Who knows maybe he was even talked into it. The rest e.g. DaZed and Steel were probably well aware what they were doing and I'm not that supportive of them coming back. Im probaly just biased but oh well.

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2017 20:10 

Also, after speaking with alimo, I want to clear up. I didn't want what I said to attack, alimo or get him to apologize for what he said or believes, because I certainly don't want to censor anything from any of you guys, I merely was trying to explain how gravely my concern over the issue is. Like my personal opinion and I didn't know how to say it in a more tactful or nice way. I Don't want to scare anyone from having or expressing their opinions based on how I feel. I am a very opinionated person myself.

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2017 07:23 

Quote:
swag was just a kid
Personally his age doesn't matter to me. He was 17 when he was banned, when I was 17 I sure as hell wouldn't have done anything like that. Even if he only did it because of the older members telling him to, ultimately he is the one responsible for his actions. He also could have followed Skadoodle's lead and not taken the money. I think that if you (not you specifically, the collective "you") want one of them to be unbanned you should want all of them unbanned
Quote:
Dont cheat if you want compassion
"don't do the thing you need compassion, forgiveness, and mercy for, if you want compassion, forgiveness, and mercy"

It's easy to dole out mercy and compassion when you don't care about what people did to need them, but It's when you don't want to give people those things that it becomes incredibly hard. But this is when it becomes the most important for it is in its difficulty that it finds meaning. Forgiveness shouldn't just be given for those things which you find it easy to forgive.

I don't know how I feel about them being banned. On one hand they stole more than $10,000 and ruined the match for both fans of the game and the players on the other team. On the other hand I really don't think any single decision should define the rest of a person's life. maybe they should stay banned by valve but be allowed to play at other tournaments. maybe only be allowed as coaches/analysts/subs, or not be allowed to be on the same team. Perhaps valve is right and they should stay permanently banned. All I know there is a lot of ground between calling them "Fucking scum" and unbanning them

P.S This

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhpwV4cwB4o[/youtube]

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2017 07:28 

I find it scum attitude to shit on the community that made you. They are literally nothing people without the community. Just edgy shitheads. So to me that's scum that should be shunned.

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2017 07:53 

You can give mercy and compassion without unbanning them. Those two things aren't synonymous.

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2017 08:06 

Also I guess I should say I can forgive them. I just can't trust they will have integrity ever again. Since there is no trust they should be banned from all cs forever. I think cheating should be the most severe penalty without leniency. Get caught once career is done.

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2017 08:42 

Idk i just don't think a matchfixing incident should have them banned forever. Obviously there should be a punishment and there simply wont be the level of trust anymore but banned forever seems kind of ridiculous.
An italian soccer team in 2006 was caught match fixing. They got downgraded from A series to B series with 6 points deduction.

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2017 09:28 

I don't think we should look at how other sports do it as a guide to how professional CS:GO is run. Other sports have rampant cheating - clearly they're not doing it right.

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2017 13:23 

Also your example is really rate. Almost 100 percent of the time match fixing results in lifetime bans from the sport with no chance for appeal. Soccer is notoriously corrupt so I am not surprised. I see match fixing as worse than cheating with hacks. At least you tried to win but in a shady way. Throwing just undermines the competition of the sport in general.