Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 12:15

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2017 18:13 

What are our Community 5v5s?
Our bi-weekly 5v5s are an opportunity to play a structured 5v5 with and against other members of the community. There will be two scheduled matches per night. The matches will run similar to an ESEA or ESL match, playing a best-of-thirty match with team communication and competitive rules. Teams will be set by the head admin before the first match, and may be altered if needed for the second match.

Feel free to join our mumble during the event. While not required, many of us do join mumble to facilitate communication. We do not use discord for voice chat during the event.

Rules
There are a few rules to help these events run more smoothly:
  1. Community members interested in playing, please sign up in Google Docs, so we have a list.
    • The first ten players to sign up will have priority, but if ten are already signed up, please include your name anyway! If somebody doesn't show up you'll be invited.
    • If you no-show one week, you'll have low priority next time.
    • If we do not have ten players within 15 minutes before the scheduled start time, the event will be canceled. (This is to give the head admin enough time to set teams before the start time so we aren't sitting around forever waiting.)
  2. This is a competitive setting. Please treat it with the appropriate level of decorum, or you will not be invited back.
  3. This event is open to players of all skill levels. Players of low skill levels are still expected to try their best and be a positive, competitive team member. Players of high skill levels are expected to be respectful and not flame anybody for any reason.
  4. All of our server rules still apply. Expect to be banned from our servers if you break these rules.

Current list of no-shows or leavers (These users will be given lower priority if we have more than 10 people sign up for a given day.)
h0p-

Upcoming match
Date and time
May 19
8:00pm EDT

To sign up
Click here!

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2017 18:28 

Please post in this thread or add me on steam if you need assistance signing up for a 5v5 or if you have any other questions.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2018 22:30 

Tonight we had streams for both the girls' and boys' sides, since we had enough sign up. Here's a view from the ladies' end. Hype has the other stream from the boys' side.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2018 22:35 

A Testosterone Filled Video

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2018 22:09 

I've reworked the map pool for the next match. Now, instead of just picking two maps, you'll pick one map in two different groups. The first map you'll pick has more "regular" maps, and the second map will have some lesser played maps. Hopefully this will provide a good balance between the people who prefer to only play the same maps, and the people who prefer some variety.

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2018 22:08 

Alright, since we played Inferno and SubZero for the 5v5 this week, I've removed them from the May 5th vote pool. Sign ups are open!

PostPosted: 16 May 2018 08:15 

Our last scheduled 5v5 game night is this Saturday at 8pm. Please let me know if I should maintain the current format, do them less/more frequently, change anything, drop it altogether, etc etc.

PostPosted: 16 May 2018 20:03 

I think we should at least keep it as is or do more. I think people enjoy it.

PostPosted: 16 May 2018 20:35 

I think people enjoy it, but I think having it more frequent will make it feel more like a chore. I think every other weekend is the most frequent it should be.

PostPosted: 16 May 2018 21:42 

Yeah, I think thats probably a good idea.

PostPosted: 28 May 2018 11:14 

I think every other week is optimal

PostPosted: 28 May 2018 11:20 

lets try to advertise to our friends and community more for the next one. I'll play for sure.