Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 15:42

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: New ventrilo rule
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2012 15:57 

So lately I have noticed some people taking advantage of the fact that we offer a PUBLIC ventrilo. Public does not mean that you can come in and use it for YOUR purposes as you please. Our clan's ventrilo (owned by northern) is for the clans use and anyone willing to hang out with the clan or our community. It is not for you to have a place to come and use vent while you scrim with your buddies. Especially if you are not going to ask any of the clan members or even acknowledge us in vent. Well this will come to a stop today. This rule will go into affect as soon as I post this. I am only making this rule instead of posting a poll because I figured everyone felt this way, if people disagree please say so and this can be changed or amended as needed. I don't like people using our clan or our resources for their personal use especially without asking. If people continue this because I have noticed Bape and some of his friends have been doing it, they are to be warned. If they do not ask and continue then they will be perma banned from vent. Anyone is allowed to come in and play and hang out and do whatever they need to as long as they are involving themselves with us in some way or at the VERY least asking permission. We do not offer our vent and private servers for other clans to use. If they want to pay for that use then fine but until we see a single dollar they will not!

Post subject: Re: New ventrilo rule
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2012 16:13 

I agree with you. I think it's extremely disrespectful to come into vent, immediately leave the channel where all the clan members are, invite in some friends that nobody in the clan knows, and use our vent for a personal scrim. One warning and then a ban almost seems too soft... Basically, I would say that unless you are in the same game as us, or you are in a channel with at least one other clan member, then you should not be in our vent. If you are, it's obvious you're just trying to take advantage of our good nature, and that's not ok.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2012 17:24 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Bape?? I hate bape -.-

But I think clan members should be allowed to use it for scrims if at least one of the ppl is in the clan. But I only say that because the clan doesn't really scrim, ever. I wouldn't use it for this, imo I think other members should be allowed. But not random ppl. No clan members scriming then gtfo homie! Get to steppin!

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2012 18:16 

Just so eveyone knows, we do have scrim server that clan members are free to use, and invite people in to play. I'm sure Serial and Anubis will be glad to help any clan member willing to use it. But again, AM members come first to use AM ressources. If a few AM members wants to srim with a few guys, no big issue there. But if no AM member is involved, no way in hell. Me, Serial, Anubis, and a few other clan members are not investing our time and money so AM ressources are used for another clan's puposes, or for someone's personal gain.

I've just added the scrim channel section for any clan members who want to scrim with other members, or a few friend. Feel free to use the practice section too if another little gang wants to get a scim going too. But again there must be at least an AM member involve, or get the Fuck out. This is not met for an insult, it's just that a few of us invested, and still are investing our time and money to keep this going for the AM community.

So again, if one or more AM members wants to get one or two scrim going with a few friends, or just a plain inner scrim, start by using the scrim section, and when the scrim section is in use, feel free to use the practice section. I hope most of you understand why we feel this way. This is a clan community, an AM community, and we welcome anyone to come play, or just come chat with us any time they want, but not for their personal gain.

Thanks, and I hope everyone in the clan understands, and not offended by this. Feel free to voice your opinion on this.

Last edited by Northern on 28 Jan 2012 18:23, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2012 18:20 

P.S.: Oh! And if the need is there, a second scrim channel will be added, especially if the scrim and practice section are always in use.

As for the Scrim server, we do have one set up for AM members to use. Feel free to communicate with me, but mostly with Serial and Anubis (in charge of servers / maintenance etc...)

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2012 19:56 

I changed it to Team 1 and Team 2. Because, you know, if it's CT and T, you would technically have to change channels at the half... I'm really neurotic about things like that :(

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2012 20:58 

Makes no diffrence to me... lolz. Whatever works for the clan. ;)

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2012 01:16 

When I first saw this I thought to myself, "Haha Execute's in trouble again!"

After realizing he hasn't been on for months I felt bad.

:/

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2012 07:25 

Yeah, we removed him from the clan the other day. Looks like the skeptics were right about him. :(

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2012 07:48 

Even thow some of us were right about him. I really don't like losing a member this way. Sometimes you really want to give someone a chance, hoping they will make an effort of some kind. But a decision still had to be made, with the best interest of the clan at heart. When someone don't make any type of effort, well it's life. Who said life was perfect?

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2012 22:50 

so Bape and his friend came into our vent again tonite. I asked him why he uses our vent but never speaks to anyone in our clan. he told me I don't remember you. So I banned him and his friend on the spot. Problem solved. Oh execute was removed a week or so ago.

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2012 06:54 

Lol that's awesome. Stupid bape.

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2012 07:31 

One less person to use AM ressources for personnal gain.

So he don't remember you... lolz. Bape who??? lolz

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2012 14:22 

That's pretty hilarious.