Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 16:46

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Gaming communities
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2012 21:28 

Who was it that first decided that gaming communities should be full of small children taking out their own anger and inadequacies on everybody around them? Who decided that when you're on the internet you don't need to use even the smallest bit of decency? Or that when you're on the internet, the people you encounter must be worse then animals? Seriously, there is a level of decency you should observe when talking to another human being.

As anybody who has played counter strike knows, that level of decency is almost never met. Usually I just ignore it, but today I was in a particularly bad mood. Anybody who has ever played condition zero has run into the Ftx clan. If you've spent more than two minutes in a server with an Ftx member, you will know that they are all pretty much some of the worst people in the game. They are rude, unpleasant, condescending, and pretty much any other negative adjective you can find.

One particularly terrible example is Homemade. For some reason, whenever we are in a server together, the only thing he can talk about is how everybody in [AM] hacks. Apparently, we're a clan full of hackers. (Of course, this one of the best compliments you can ever get in the game, but he meant it to be mean, and I was tired of it.) Since he's been doing this for about a year now, I decided it was time to get my revenge. I pretended to let him bait me into a scrim. I wasted about a half hour of his time while he rounded up five players, got them together in a server, picked a map, etc., just to let him know exactly how I felt about him. I held nothing back.

Of course, he probably won't understand anything I've been meaning to portray. I'm sure he will continue to go about his petty existence ridiculing anybody and everybody who plays his precious video game in a manner different from him... But at least I feel a little better.
Quote:
*DEAD* | ` M i r r o r # 1 | * < 3 ` : Anubis
*DEAD* [AM] Anubis : sup
*DEAD* | ` M i r r o r # 1 | * < 3 ` : I'm <3ing YOUR hacks
*DEAD* | ` M i r r o r # 1 | * < 3 ` : :D
*DEAD* [AM] Anubis : htnaks
*DEAD* [AM] Anubis : thanks
*DEAD* | ` M i r r o r # 1 | * < 3 ` : im dead serious
*DEAD* | ` M i r r o r # 1 | * < 3 ` : i think u hack
*DEAD* | ` M i r r o r # 1 | * < 3 ` : Haha
*DEAD* [AM] Anubis : ok
*DEAD* [AM] Anubis : i don't care
*DEAD* | ` M i r r o r # 1 | * < 3 ` : jk
*DEAD* | ` M i r r o r # 1 | * < 3 ` : Ik i was joking
[AM] Anubis : ok
[AM] Anubis : stll don't care

*DEAD* | ` M i r r o r # 1 | * < 3 ` : Whats up with the AM ppl
*DEAD* HomeMade #FtX : nothin just bunch of hackers
*DEAD* [AM] Anubis : thanks!
[AM] Anubis : that's one of the best compliments a player can get
HomeMade #FtX : r u guys in cevo
HomeMade #FtX : am
[AM] Anubis : when you are such a dominant force people say you hack
HomeMade #FtX : nope
HomeMade #FtX : come scrim me
[AM] Anubis : ok
HomeMade #FtX : well see how shit u do
[AM] Anubis : you have a server?
HomeMade #FtX : ya i have a couple of server
[AM] Anubis : k
HomeMade #FtX : i got hltv too
[AM] Anubis : get your people
[AM] Anubis : we have five
[AM] Anubis : ip?
HomeMade #FtX : add me
[AM] Anubis : fuck no
[AM] Anubis : your the one who wanted to scrim. get it together bitch
HomeMade #FtX : np problem for me shitty
[AM] Anubis : it's your scrim dude
[AM] Anubis : add me
HomeMade #FtX : u suck ass
[AM] Anubis : you gonna scrim me or just keep talking like a little baby?
[AM] Anubis : either add me or stfu
HomeMade #FtX : add me my cpu is shit
HomeMade #FtX : i cant add ppl
HomeMade #FtX : so we can get this started

FtX | HomeMade: im getting my 5
FtX | HomeMade: is it gonna be cz or 1.6
[AM] Anubis: either one
FtX | HomeMade: r u guys in cevo
FtX | HomeMade: cz i guess da 1.6 guys rnt online right now
[AM] Anubis: ok
FtX | HomeMade: we got 5
[AM] Anubis: I'll follow you in
[AM] Anubis: just give me the pw
FtX | HomeMade: connect 216.52.143.126:27015; password fatkid
FtX | HomeMade: wat map u want
[AM] Anubis: inferno?
FtX | HomeMade: sure if u want
[AM] Anubis: heck, let's do piranesi
[AM] Anubis: since that's what it's on, and that map doesn't get enough play
FtX | HomeMade: i never played this map and dont know it
[AM] Anubis: How have you not played one of the oldest most classic counter strike maps?
FtX | HomeMade: i play 1.6 been playing dat for alot longer
[AM] Anubis: yeah...
[AM] Anubis: it's a 1.6 map
[AM] Anubis: lol
FtX | HomeMade: oh lol
[AM] Anubis: whateve,r you just pick one
[AM] Anubis: pick one you're good at since apparently you can't play any map
FtX | HomeMade: i play cal maps
FtX | HomeMade: dats wat i was in
FtX | HomeMade: this was not in cal when i played
[AM] Anubis: I'm surprised you played cal but still cry hacker any time anybody kills you
[AM] Anubis: I thought you had to be good to play cal
[AM] Anubis: guess not in cal-o, though
[AM] Anubis: anyway, pick your map
FtX | HomeMade: ya dat was 6 yts ago almost when i played
[AM] Anubis: yeah I guess everybody has improved in those 6 years
FtX | HomeMade: no im actually worse
[AM] Anubis: ok...
[AM] Anubis: yet you still think we hack?
[AM] Anubis: your logic is so twisted I really have no idea wtf is going on
FtX | HomeMade: no but bowser does
FtX | HomeMade: just scrim and lets c how u do
[AM] Anubis: You said AM was full of hackers.
FtX | HomeMade: itll be fun
[AM] Anubis: dude
FtX | HomeMade: we have our 5 if u wanna come in
[AM] Anubis: you really think I give a big enough shit about what some 12 year old in one of the shittiest clans, one of the biggest cesspools of the cz community has to say about me and my team? I don't give a fuck about scrimming you. I have standards, and they include ignoring your clan as much as possible. I just wanted to bait you into getting five into a server, and treat you like the little bitch you are. Your clan is full of little pieces of shit, and I don't give a fuck how you feel about mine, and I would love it if you would just give us the courtesy to ignore us like we try to do for you.
Of course, the funniest part came just after that. One of Homemade's "friends" added me, looking for a scrim. He started out by making it very clear that he was not part of "shitty ftx" (yep, in the counter strike community, even friendship means nothing), and then stooping to the level of an ftx member in ridiculing me and attempting to bait me into a scrim.
Quote:
[AM] Anubis: sup?
bleezy.^ #mS.: scrim my team
bleezy.^ #mS.: mS
[AM] Anubis: nah
bleezy.^ #mS.: 1.6 or cz
[AM] Anubis: You're one of homemade's friends
bleezy.^ #mS.: yea i am
bleezy.^ #mS.: but my teams not shitty ftx
[AM] Anubis: Oh lol
[AM] Anubis: I don't even have 5 on right now
bleezy.^ #mS.: ur lyin bro
[AM] Anubis: but I'll keep you added
[AM] Anubis: Oh ok
bleezy.^ #mS.: lets do this. dnt be scared
[AM] Anubis: so you are a bitch too?
bleezy.^ #mS.: no. i wanna scrim
bleezy.^ #mS.: comon bro
[AM] Anubis: nevermind dude, just fuck off. I play this game to have fun, not get into little penis competitions with little 12 year old
[AM] Anubis: either talk to me like an adult or don't talk to me at all
[AM] Anubis: I'm tired of this shit from you little baddies
[AM] Anubis: calling everybody a hacker
bleezy.^ #mS.: LMAO woahhh big words tough guy
[AM] Anubis: saying everybody is scared to scrim you
[AM] Anubis: you're not that awesome
bleezy.^ #mS.: hahahaha hacker?
[AM] Anubis: your'e not so awesome I'm just gonna sit around and hang out with a little middle school kid who thinks he's so bad ass because he talks to people like they're shit
[AM] Anubis: if you want to scrim an adult, act like one
[AM] Anubis: if you want to act like a kid, go find other kids to play with
[AM] Anubis: go play with ftx
[AM] Anubis: go play with some of the kids in your social studies class at your middle school
[AM] Anubis: whoever the fuck it is that little kids liek you play with
bleezy.^ #mS.: LMAO
bleezy.^ #mS.: im not a kid
Seriously, I just don't get it. It's a game. It's my favourite hobby, but it's still a game. Why would I put myself in a position where I can no longer enjoy my game? Either I win and they complain about how we're baddies hacking in a scrim, or I lose and they call us bitches. And seriously, it's a game for these guys, too. How is it possible that people are actually raised to believe that this is an appropriate way to act when you're participating in an amicable pastime with other like-minded individuals that has no real, long-lasting consequences? Where did their upbringing fail them so hard?

Post subject: Re: Gaming communities
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2012 23:54 

yes I agree, this is one of the worst clans ever created. I have never met a single person that is in their clan or even FRIENDS with them that is remotely nice. Nice isn't even in the spectrum for them, its so far from how they normally act it blows my mind. I make a point of telling them how shitty they and their clan is every single time I meet them. If they speak to me I tell them I don't associate with pieces of shit like FTX and they should just go ahead and block me because they will never receive a civil response from me. I make a rule of thumb that if you are nice and don't bitch or talk shit you won't get it back from me. The second I see you start acting like a douche I will literally spend the rest of my night if necessary to ruin your experience. I hate people like them and we need to run them out of the gaming community. It will be nice when we get ours going fully and people like them won't be allowed even in our servers.

By the way you did an epic WIN job on trolling those stupid bitches. I love that they think we are hackers. so jealous that they have never heard of us and we pwn their faces off constantly.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2012 01:50 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Quote:
yes I agree, this is one of the worst clans ever created. I have never met a single person that is in their clan or even FRIENDS with them that is remotely nice.

I'm friends with most of the people who own that server. Bleezy's straight up my home boy :s

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2012 06:52 

But this is why it is a rant, opinions are opinions, this is to get things off people's chests.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2012 12:44 

are you really exodus? well not to upset you or anything like that but I truly have nothing but detest for anyone in that clan. Especially the owner of it. I would love to meet that dude in person and just beat the living shit out of him. To run a clan that is so fucking god awful and have such HORRIBLE and shitty disrespectful members is something I could never ever look past. Maybe pass a word along that the owner of THIS clan hates their guts and they should not talk to us ever again! That or learn to run a fucking clan properly without harming the gaming community you play in. They are part of the reason CZ is dead.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2012 13:10 

Considering how breezy treats his "friends" (calling their clans shitty), he probably says the same things about [AM] when Exodus is not around.

Also, the funniest part, Spangler tried to join their scrim. I believe he was the 5th person on their team. Considering the lack of respect and professionalism with which Spangler acts, I'm not surprised he was part of that group.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2012 17:27 

yeah that just makes the whole situation that much better. I am so glad these guys finally got a taste of their own medicine.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2012 01:32 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Quote:
Maybe pass a word along that the owner of THIS clan hates their guts and they should not talk to us ever again!
That disappoints me that you said that. I have no problem that you guys hate them, I could actually care less what anybody's feelings are about my friends. This means I wouldn't care what they said if they had bad things to say about you guys and vise-verse. It brings me down that you'd actually ask me to tell one my friends that you guys all hate them. That's just disrespectful. Downright disrespectful.

A rant may be to get things off your chest, but it isn't a place where you judge ME based on my FRIENDS. Who I decide to associate with says NOTHING about my character. Good job.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2012 03:18 

Ahh, but see, judgement was never really directed. Out of line what Serial said could be taken that way, but at the same time, Serial downright hates them, personally I feel like he intended that sentence to be sarcastic, being as he will never talk to them directly. No one was judging you for being friends with anyone. As human beings though we are going to hate someone for whatever reason, it's how the mind of a human works. You see and begin to develop thoughts and feelings on what you like and don't like, when something you don't like shows up in the picture, you're going to snarl and glare beams of hate to the thing that brings hate to you. And sir rants are going to do that, if a rant is started it's done by someone or something to piss you off, though no intention of judgement will be in the thought process, it still will, however come out.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2012 03:50 

Although what you say sounds very true, it is not. I'm in a program which teaches us with how/why people react the way they do. Personally, if i don't like something, i'm just going to ignore it. I will never "snarl and glare beams of hate" at a person or anything in general. With the exception of a table leg that I frequently kick at my house. I fucking hate that piece of shit.

But the reason this thread bothers me so much is because, and I can't emphasize this enough, WHY DOES EVERYONE CARE SO MUCH. Stop letting all this shit bother you. It's a video game. If you don't like who you're playing against, play against different people or stop playing. If you don't like what people are saying, play somewhere else, mute them, or stop playing.

When I join Absurd Minds, there was no room for hate. Now, there's always somebody complaining about some insignificant thing.

I'm apart of AM to take a break from reality and relax with some friends, not to read up about how one set of friends hates another set of friends and they want me to let them know that. Fuck that.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2012 07:00 

Welp, this was my last rant. It's annoying to have them always become soap boxes for people's little disagreements. It's annoying it was used as a soap box to tell somebody that they shouldn't be internet friends with somebody else. It's annoying that it was used as a soap box to tell me I need to have the same philosophy of life as another person and just ignore injustice. My intention was simply to get something off my chest, like Skysis said. I didn't realize it would mean so much more to everybody else.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2012 07:23 

True, I am a psychology major so, forgive me, but I get technical at times. On the note, why do people care? Because it's not just gaming that people flip a lid on things. Ignoring something is a good asset to have when you can do it constantly, but from taping a finger to a desk to whatever, things in life will set people off, but things like video games, it's a passion/pass time. People over the internet are going to talk shit because they know behind a computer screen is someone who is pissed off and literally can't do a thing besides stepping down to there level of maturity and start shit talking back. Aka Trolls. High pro tournaments or even local tournaments, no one speaks a shred of trash because everyone knows, no one is better or worse, equal players, it's also monitored by officials. Playing at home you're not going to have your mom or roomate attest for you when someone says "You're hacking bro"

Regardless though, it's try it's just a game why care? Well simply put nobody would care if everything was smooth and calm all the time instead of people deciding that they want to be assholes in order to get in the heads of gamers. You fuck them up a bit, they get pissed then play like shit (Most cases anyway).

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2012 08:13 

actually exodus you really should read what I posted over again because I didn't say what you think AT ALL. I do hate them. I hate having to join MANY different servers only to be followed by them and constantly harassed. You have no idea how long hey have caused us problems. I never told you not to be friends with them either. I couldn't care less if you are friends with them. Quickdraw was friends with lots of people that I considered pieces of crap and would NEVER play with, but I never told him to stop hanging out with them. Please read the things I say carefully before getting upset about them. Not to mention this is a rant section for people to say exactly what they want without someone getting mad. This is twice you have gotten mad at anubis's rants and that really isn't fair. You should just not read this section of the forums if it makes you mad.

I was actually joking about you saying something to them, and I am sorry I didn't clarify that. This entire rant section was originally started as a joke and now has become a place for people to just blow off steam when something bothers them. We are trying to make a better gaming community and this was an example of EVERYTHING we don't want to be. I apologize if I have offended you but I also think you should apologize to anubis because she did nothing wrong with this rant at all. You may be friends with them exodus but they treat us like complete shit everywhere we go and try to tell everyone else how bad we are. I won't stand for that EVER. I do hate them, but I will make sure to keep that to myself if that bothers you.

Also, you really don't have the right to tell anyone what they can and can't get upset over. Some people never get bothered by people saying something to them. Some people get really bothered by it. Its not easy for them to just let things roll off their back. I for one don't care if its in person or the internet I don't think you should treat people like shit. They needed a taste of their own medicine and they got it. I think it should be dropped now.

We have always been about respect and acceptance. We gave them plenty of chances to stop being dicks and get over it. They refused. At some point acceptance stops. All we do in other servers is fight for the newbs or less skilled players. people treat them really bad and we try to curb that. if no one ever stands up and says this isn't acceptable then the entire gaming community for every game possible will eventually be unplayable. Just look at COD. I just hope my point is understood I am typing this early in the morning.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2012 09:31 

Quote:
True, I am a psychology major so, forgive me, but I get technical at times. On the note, why do people care? Because it's not just gaming that people flip a lid on things. Ignoring something is a good asset to have when you can do it constantly, but from taping a finger to a desk to whatever, things in life will set people off, but things like video games, it's a passion/pass time.
I completely agree with you here. It's not the game that matters. It's the idea of a minimum standard of conduct. It's the idea that a morality exists and that certain actions are right and other actions are wrong. It's the idea that it's just NOT OKAY to talk to people in a certain manner, even if they are across the country or across the world and separated from you by a computer screen and the entire internet. Couple that with the idea that it's just NOT OKAY to sit idly by and watch people participate in injustice is passively allowing the injustice to continue and you can see why I reacted that way. It's the same mentality that sitting back and just ignoring a parent hit their child in a drunken fit is just as bad as hitting the child with them. I truly do not believe it is okay to "just ignore" injustice. Sometimes I can let it slide (usually I don't say anything at all), but when an entire clan systematically ridicules me and my clan members any time we appear in the same server as them, no matter how friendly and considerate we are being to the others in the server, no matter how hard we try to ignore them, at some point that elevates to a level of injustice that deserves attention.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2012 20:16 

Serial and Anubis, you are both right. I do apologize. I am very sorry to both of you, Serial and Anubis, but I significantly more apologetic towards Anubis. I have said wrong. I also would like to apologize to anybody else that this has affected, directly or indirectly. I did step out of line with my words. This is not an attempt at justification, I just hope you both do understand why I said what I said and understand how it made me feel. That is not me trying to make it right at all, I just want to be heard. I am sorry

<3?

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2012 21:16 

Remember one thing Exodus. Serial, Anubis, me (North) and certain few of us started building this clan from scratch, and worked together at it, worked hard, and gave our time for it. We invested, and still are investing some $$$ for this clan too, because we love it. Even thow we may have a leader, or two, or a cabinet, we don't really give a shit about ranks. We try to treat everyone as eguals, wich I admit is not always easy, but it's what created a good chemistry between some of us, who have known each other for over 3 years, or more now. We simply like to consider members opinion in some decision making, and wanted this to be different from other clans. This clan has been active for almost 2 years now, and we've gotten this clan in kinka of a good place. Meaning some of us consider this clan "FAMILY", and we will stick together, and back each other up when it matters the most. Like any other family we have our ups and downs, but like a family, we have grown enough to deal with issues straight on.

It may not be a perfect, but to me it's gotten to be more than a clan now. Some of us have endured a lot from other clans, ex-clan members, or ex-clan leaders. I don't meen to be rude to you, but remember we have a history behind the reason why AM was created. One main reason, is we wanted a place where people woud be treated differently from other clans, a place where someone would feel welcome no matter who you are. A place where we give you a chance, but sometimes things don't always work out, and we can't get along with everyone either, even thow we try. And keeping shit bottled up inside ain't always good either, so this rant section was created to release this bottled shit.

Now, like Serial said, just because we may not like your friends, or ex-clan members, don't meen you'll be treated like shit, but we won't hide the fact that we don't like them, since we don't lie to the clan, it sets a bad example, but we will give reason to why we may hate that person, or those people. Once this has been said and done, if it bugs you that we keep talking about it, then we simply avoid having that conversation again, and don't read the rant section of the forums. We have, and never will, kick anyone for being friends with someone we don't like, or anyone that we had to ban for a particular reason.

Anyone is free to be friends to whoever they want, but I know I will not tolerent any AM members to purposely disrespect one another, but again, we have our ups and downs. So if there's an issue, we try to deal with it respectfully.

I meen no disrespect to you by the way, and I truly meen that, but you should now understand why I wrote this. Letting you know I've got my family's back, and I won't let no one fuck with that. To me you are part of this family too, but you really need to understand, we don't take to kindly to members disrespecting other members, or kind of attacking other members.

REMEMBER THIS IS A RANT SECTION, so if anubis wants to rant, let her rant away. What to you do when you don't like the channel your TV is on? I don't watch it, so I either change the channel, or turn it off. So do the same for this rant section, if you don't like it, go to another section of the forums.

The reason I ain't afraid to be so direct, is because I've recently had a minor heart attack, and for a mix martial arts teacher, it's a hell of a wake up call. Nearly got killed at work last year (long story), and for a guy with my physique, shape, form, fitness etc... , wich has kept me alive and going, it's a hell of a surprise to get a wake up call from the heart. So take it from me, if you have something to say, just say it, or shut the fuck up is what I say to anyone now. The truth sometimes hurt, but you can then choose how to deal with that truth. Lies, and secrets will end up hurting more.

Wow, never realized I wrote so long... lolz. But again, if you don't like this section (channel), change section (channel). The forum has a lot of other good sections I know you may like.

Not intended to hurt anyone. Just stating an honest opinion, so you can live with it, or not. Your choice.

P.S. : I love this family

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2012 21:56 

I appreciate all your words.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2012 23:15 

yeah, I completely understand exodus which is why I apologized to you as well. I think we are all okay over this and there is nothing else to really worry about. that's part of being a family occasionally you will fight and get over it in the end. glad to see we could all work this out though.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2012 07:30 

I found that offensive, Northern. I'll leave it at that. Anubis, Serial, and I have already talked and dealt with everything and it is all good. I don't understand why you would say all this when you even stated in that post, "we don't take to kindly to members disrespecting other members, or kind of attacking other members." It seems a little bit like an attack on me. I'll leave it there, I'm not upset or mad, just slightly offended.

I think this entire thread is a good indication that, even in a rant, we all need to be careful of our choice of words and we also need to be aware of our interpretation of people's statements. That was not directed at anybody.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2012 10:26 

yeah, I don't think northern intended to be attacking in his post at all, but everyone has said their peace so lets all just move on and get over it. and be aware in the future.