Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 08:51

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2012 15:48 

I just got this game a few days ago, and I'll tell you what I think about it:

Pros:
Play as a cop or a criminal - it's fun trying to take down the racers.
Different game play styles - time trials, races, hot pursuit - cop or criminal for all three types.
Play online with friends - race each other or do cops vs criminals.
Compare your times in career mode with people on your friends list.
Tons of cars - learning each one adds replay value.

Cons:
Ridiculous game-breaking cut scenes. I don't need to slowly zoom in on the cop sitting at the side of the road - I saw him there, the cut scene just breaks the game.
Absurd glitches - you might come back from a cut scene only to realize your car is two inches away from a head-on collision and there is nothing you can do about it.
Stupid un-skippable videos. I really don't care how high tech the level 2 EMP is compared to the level 1, and I certainly don't want to watch a 2 minute video about it.
No freeplay/open world setting. I enjoy just roaming a world in my car, looking for shortcuts and practicing driving. This game lacks it.
Compared to Burnout, the controls feel sluggish and unresponsive.
Gets boring after 30 minutes (mostly because of all the dumb cut scenes and videos).

Conclusion
The gameplay styles alone make this a great racing game, if you're somebody who can get past all the stupid little things that intrude in the gameplay.

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2012 21:24 

i hated the cut scenes as well, so annoying after awhile, and then crashing into something right after didnt help
and on console its only one player unless its online, that made me hate it, whats the point if i bought it to race friends here at my place??

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2012 02:07 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Quote:
i hated the cut scenes as well, so annoying after awhile, and then crashing into something right after didnt help
and on console its only one player unless its online, that made me hate it, whats the point if i bought it to race friends here at my place??

I bought it on steam and as soon as I played it I realized I have it for xbox and I didn't like it on xbox. lmao.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2012 11:42 

LOL good one...

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2012 02:55 

you should just sell the xbox one lol

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2012 04:06 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Quote:
you should just sell the xbox one lol
A THINKER!
i need more of you around lmao

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2012 16:51 

You really can't sell the xbox one only because ea now requires you to have a key to play online.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2012 21:12 

Quote:
You really can't sell the xbox one only because ea now requires you to have a key to play online.
On PC, not on xbox. On xbox, ea is linked to your account

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2012 03:02 

No actually, on Xbox360, you need to have a code to play online. Not just for NFS HP, but also BF3. Your friend can't lend you a copy of BF3 on xbox and have you play online, you would have to buy a code.

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2012 07:11 

That's so retarded.

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2012 20:50 

You can still sell it...